Reporting to the Head of Northern Trust Asset Management Compliance, this person will work closely with Northern Trust’s private equity and hedge fund business, 50 South Capital, to proactively administer and maintain a comprehensive compliance program.
- Provide a center of expertise in relation to all aspects of US regulation which impact Northern Trust’s private equity and hedge fund business. Advise and assist senior leadership in carrying out their governance and oversight responsibilities in compliance with prevailing regulation, applicable laws, policy and best practice. Keep the business up to date on developments or changes that may affect their area, and work with them to implement effective, innovative solutions.
- Interface with internal business units, risk management, and legal functions, as well as enterprise- level constituents. Assist the CCO in administering and maintaining a world class, comprehensive private equity compliance program.
- Serve as a member of various oversight committees.
- Work with a team of experienced compliance professionals, including support staff based in India, responsible for:
- Portfolio Compliance (Investment Guideline and Best Execution Monitoring)
- Regulatory Oversight (Regulatory Liaison and Developments, Testing, Risk Assessments, Policies, Filings)
- Fiduciary & Code of Ethics
- 3rd Party Manager Due Diligence
- Common and Collective Trust Fund Compliance Program
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship with regulators, including ensuring the timely and accurate filing of regulatory documents.
- Promote a positive compliance culture through communication and oversight of regulatory responsibilities at all levels and developing strong working relationships with the business.
- Participate in and contribute to the decision making process on selected commercial projects as the need and opportunity arises
- Extensive knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, ERISA, FINRA, and the Securities Act of 1933.
- Ability to communicate persuasively and with confidence, professionalism and authority at all levels of the business. Further ability to effectively present to a board of directors and executive officers within asset management.
- Experience working in a bank owned asset manager with both internal and direct distribution channels.
- Sound judgement, with a well-developed sense for risk identification, assessment and management.
- Analytical and communication skills required to review laws/regulations, assess their impact, and work with the business unit to implement any necessary policies, procedures, processes, and controls
- A flexible, tolerant and collaborative approach towards the business and a desire to work in a diverse, yet conservative culture.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively manage the relationships at the executive level. Proven experience of advising, negotiating, influencing and collaborating with others in the decision making process across all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience and track record of developing and administering private equity and hedge fund programs designed to assist an asset manager in complying with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Highest level of integrity.
- Minimum of 5 years of private equity and hedge fund related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Regulatory compliance experience a plus.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.