Fund Accounting, Team Lead
Fund Accounting is a division of Northern Trust’s Global Fund Service Fund Administration group. Fund Accounting delivers valuation, accounting and administration services to Northern Trust’s Global Fund Services clients. The Team Lead will be responsible for supervising and supporting a team of Accountants assisting with workflow distribution, and organizing the team’s priorities in order to maximize the effectiveness of the team. The Team Lead will work with his/her team to assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitor client deliverables and ensure timely and accurate completion of all required work. The Team Lead will also work with the section manager in identifying, mitigating and foreseeing potential risks to the business operations.
- Responsible for work flow distribution and the effective use of resources within the team
- Organize the work of the team, assign tasks, set short-term priorities, monitor all activities and ensure timely and accurate completion of the work
- Responsible for ensuring accurate completion of NAVs with various deliverable deadlines consisting of daily, weekly, bi weekly, and monthly
- Provide on the job technical training and coaching for all team members and brief staff regularly on issues relating to work carried out by the team and new initiatives
- Ensure all procedures are kept up to date and are adhered to on a daily basis
- Assist the team manager in establishing goals and objectives for the team
- Responsible for maintaining controls or creating controls for new processes to deal with industry regulation changes
- Generate process and system enhancement ideas and co-ordinate the introduction of these changes with supporting documented procedures
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions
- Interact with clients
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth Client Accounting/Industry Knowledge
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Knowledge of relevant software applications (Bloomberg, FIS Enterprise, FTID, Excel) preferred.
- Knowledge of asset classes comprising mutual funds (bonds, equities, options, futures, and/or swaps)
- A College or University degree and/or relevant work experience is required
- Experience in Fund Accounting is required
- Supervisory experience is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- The role will require the ability to deal confidently and articulately with internal and external counterparties
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.