Advisory Graduate - Valuations
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. Whether it’s buying a new business, expanding internationally or struggling with financial difficulties, our team provide support and solutions that help businesses overcome challenges. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, you’ll be exposed to some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
The three-year Advisory Graduate Programme is your opportunity to learn our sector inside out, get real experience on real projects and achieve a recognised professional qualification. We’ll cover your exam fees and give you the study leave and extra training you’ll need to pass them while you balance your own workload. That training isn’t just about passing the exams, you’ll learn a range of personal, management and client-related skills that will help you become a full rounded BDO advisor and achieve your full potential.
Programme & Qualification
BDO offer the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS) qualification and there's never been a better time to train to become a Chartered Accountant (CA). The CA qualification is exceptional. An internationally respected qualification, that provides you with the knowledge, skills and values to become a highly regarded and sought-after business professional You can look forward to an interesting and varied career. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
As an analyst, your role will primarily involve working closely with, and supporting senior members within the team, and assisting in the timely delivery of services. You will gain understanding and experience in share and business valuations work
In addition to the formal ICAS training you will receive on-the-job training in valuations and will be involved in all aspects of the work, working in a friendly, national team. Valuations work requires a combination of good numerical and analytical skills, as well as curiosity to find out about all kinds of business and markets and work out what are the key factors to take into account for our work.
- Carry out research specified by more senior members of staff. This will generally relate to the compilation of information in connection with specific quoted and unquoted companies and their related markets
- General research that may be useful for marketing or other purposes
- Utilisation of all available sources, including the internet, in house and external databases, Bloomberg and reference libraries
- Act as back up to the Group, and the Department, in administration matters as required
- Carry out directed research and develop this research using own initiative
- Analyse company accounts and financial markets’ data
- Participate in sales and marketing initiatives and assist in the organisation and smooth running of marketing events.
- Support and assist managers and partners on ad-hoc projects as required
- Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
When you join us
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone with:
- A 2:2 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted)
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.