Executive Manager Business Banking
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Group Audit & Assurance (GA&A) provide independent, objective and commercial risk focused assurance to the Board Audit Committee to assist the Group in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of its stakeholders. GA&A were recognised by Ernst & Young and PwC as the leading internal audit function among Australian peers in the financial services industry.
See yourself in our team
The Business Banking, Deputy Chief Executive Officer and Remediation audit team is responsible for auditing the following portfolios:
- Business Banking (BB) which includes Everyday Business Banking (Deposits, Merchants, Customer, Digital, Payments etc.), Business Lending (including Asset, Property and Corporate Finance) and CommSec
- The customer facing segments include Small Business Banking, Commercial Banking, Regional & Agribusiness Banking and Major Client Group
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer (DCEO) which is Customer & Community Advocacy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Group Investigations and BEAR as well as Colonial First State – CBA’s Super and Investments arm
- Customer Service Remediation (CSR) program - remediating Ongoing Service and FDS matters
The role will also be accountable for overseeing the audits in the Advice & Insurance business within Retail Banking Services.
The team adds value to the Group by:
- Overseeing the delivery of a professional and highly valued audit service to the business and the Group’s Audit & Risk Committees, including relevant subsidiary boards and committees
- Providing objective assurance on risk management to key customers (e.g. Group Executives and their leadership teams) to secure the financial wellbeing of the Bank’s customers
- Providing commercial insights to customers that makes a real difference to their business
Do work that matters
- Build, review and deliver a relevant, dynamic, risk-based audit plan for the Business Banking & Deputy CEO team to appropriately capture key and emerging Operational, Regulatory and Finance risks
- Effectively lead, supervise and direct all aspects of the audit from Planning, Fieldwork, Reporting, and through to audit closure including administration of key audit stage-gates in the audit electronic workflow system
- Be an agent of change agent by sharing learnings, support and drive appropriate use of analytics, to drive audit efficiency and deeper insights (i.e. the use of analytics on lead-in reviews, and KRI monitoring to drive audit scope and targeted audit testing)
- Create and maintain collaborative relationships with the Group Auditor and the GA&A executive and leadership teams, including subsidiary audit teams
- Prepare and deliver simple, pragmatic and easy to read audit reports for customers, including the Board Audit Committee and relevant subsidiary board and risk committees to provide end to end view of risk
- Build and sustain independent and objective relationships with Line 1, Line 2 risk management, Project Steering Committees, professional services firms and external audit, ensuring appropriate assurance coverage is provided
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Financial services industry based knowledge and experience
- Extensive experience gained in an audit or risk role with knowledge of product and operational functions and regulatory obligations in a banking environment typically gained in a consumer or business banking environment
- Adaptability and experience navigating through change will be advantageous
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and senior stakeholder engagement with the ability to present and influence the leadership team and senior management
- Relevant professional and/or internationally recognised audit qualifications
If this sounds interesting to you, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 15/10/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.