Fund Accounting, Section Manager
The Fund Accounting Division delivers fund accounting services and is responsible for calculating net asset values timely and accurately on a daily basis. These fund structures invest in a wide array of asset classes. This division fosters a dynamic and challenging environment
- Manages a group of 15 fund accounting professionals.
- Ensures all assigned fund valuations are delivered timely and accurately, while mitigating operational risk.
- Act as subject matter expert for fund and class level NAV calculations and ensures the team is executing all procedures.
- Ensures fund valuation procedures are consistent with industry best practices.
- Key contributor in development of strategic plan for the Division. Sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the Division. Follows through to ensure that objectives are met.
- Oversees implementation of corporate strategic initiatives and demonstrates ability to “deliver Northern” through partnership with other key groups including Data Management, Product Development, Sales, Technology, and other business units/shared services.
- Active involvement in new business development process and new client onboarding process.
- Ensures team is in compliance with all Northern Trust corporate and risk policies.
- Oversees staff performance management process, identifies training and development needs, and establishes performance standards for the group.
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
- Makes staffing decisions, and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities.
- Provides support for fund accounting training group, including development and facilitation of training sessions where necessary.
Skills and Experience:
Candidate should have substantial knowledge/skills in the following areas:
- Calculation of net asset valuations.
- Fund accounting technology platforms FIS InvestOne/Enterprise.
- Knowledge of strategic system interfaces such as: Cash/Stock reconciliation tools, internal reporting, Northern Trust Passport, FIS InvestOne, and Fundmaster.
- Fund accounting and administration best practices as it relates to internal controls.
- Managing a team of professionals to execute established goals
- Excellent client service and communication skills
Candidate should have 8+ years of experience in the investment company industry, including subject matter expertise relating to fund accounting, experience utilizing FIS’ InvestOne/Enterprise platform, client service experience, experience managing a team of 10+ professionals, and a 4 year Bachelor’s degree.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.