Finance Team Lead
At Allstate Northern Ireland, we believe it’s more than just a job. We believe in allowing our people to choose the direction of their careers. It’s about you, your future and where you want to get to.
Opportunity is the hallmark of the Allstate career experience. We invest heavily in our employees, offering long term career development, personal growth and investment in new technologies. Every day is different, with new ideas, challenges, and rewards — no matter which team you join.
We believe that inclusive diversity is crucial to creating a culture of mutual respect where the strengths and talents of each individual are recognised. We like to leave things better than we found them and deliver results. We do all of this while having fun and exploring personal passions.
Join our team and you’ll find challenge and reward in a culture of innovation, support and balance.
Your role in the team
The LPM (Life Product Management) Financial Analysis job family is responsible for the development, maintenance, tracking and analysis of financial, strategic and statistical data and tools used by the Company. This can include internal and external reporting, identifying issues and analyzing trends to strengthen the understanding of financial results.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Allstate Life and Retirement Finance and Expense Services Team, based in Belfast and working closely with the Allstate Finance functions in the USA.
The ALR Finance and Expense Service Team is primarily responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information and analysis to support decision making for ALR management, and the internal and external reporting of financial data by the Allstate Corporation. The team provides leadership and expertise related to the business results, financial plans and forecasts, and provides support for making business decisions.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, annual reports and presentations of a financial nature
- Preparing and reviewing external reporting including 10Q, 10K, Supplements and Footnotes
- Reviewing and presenting balance sheet and income statement drivers
- Providing complex financial analysis to support business decisions
- Investigating financial issues and questions
- Coordinating and supporting the SOX external reporting schedules for the area
- Participating and completing ad-hoc projects/requests
- Working closely with management teams and key stakeholders in the organization
- Supervises staff and co-workers with respect to assigned work and processes
- Determines own work priority and timelines and sets timeframes for self and team members
- Allocates work and mentors new team members
So, what are the essential criteria to apply?
- Must be a UK/RoI/EU citizen or possess a current UK visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- A degree in a finance related discipline; or
- A degree in a non-finance related discipline but supported with an industry qualification within a finance or accountancy related discipline;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Finance role but supported with an industry qualification within a finance or accountancy related discipline.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate well, build relationships and work as part of a remote team
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and the ability to analyze, manipulate, and interpret large amounts of data
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Strong understanding of financial principles and the concepts, rules, and terminology common to financial practices
We also have some desirable criteria
- Part or fully qualified accountant (ACA/CAI, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Practiced in providing complex financial analysis to support business decisions
- Advanced problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills
What we offer
As Digital DNA’s Workplace of the Year 2020 winners, we offer a generous benefits package that includes flexible annual leave entitlement, dental and healthcare insurance, an attractive pension package and discounts on gym memberships, public transport and parking.
Allstate invests heavily in your development, as an employee you will have access to multiple world-class learning platforms and courses from our award-winning in-house Learning & Development team.
We pride ourselves in providing clear career paths and opportunities for internal mobility allowing you to further develop within the organisation.
We encourage a better work life balance and you’ll have the opportunity to apply for various flexible working arrangements.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 25th September 2020
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.