Project Finance Manager - Project Alpha (2 Year FTC)
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Project Finance Manager - Project Alpha (2 Year FTC), to join our Rail team to work in Aston, Birmingham with occasional travel to Crewe and London Euston.
To take full responsibility for providing professional financial support, challenge and control to the project
Be an integral part of the Project and Alliance Finance Teams to ensure that the project meets and beats its financial targets within group policy and in line with Alliance expectations.
What you'll be doing
As a Project Finance Manager - Project Alpha, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead finance partnering input as part of the Senior Management Team on the Project and part of the Senior Delivery Unit and Alliance Finance Teams
- Chair monthly Finance reviews with Senior Commercial Lead (SCL) and Project/Depot Managers to understand and challenge the financial position reported
- Provide input into project establishment and set up as required
- Ensure Project Delegated Authorites are maintained in line with Group and Division guidelines and Key Member roles are maintained up to date
- Promote the Project Health & Safety strategy
- To support the head of operational finance in developing the finance project partnering role, and developing and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure effective controls are in place and that project risk/opportunity is accurately reported
- Manage compliance with processes and ensure quality standards are maintained across the team, recommending improvements where necessary
- Proactively manage the implementation of the behavioural safety programme and Sustainability 2020 Roadmap, across the team(s)
- Coach and manage others to ensure adherence to the Balfour Beatty Values
- Manage, coach and develop talent to achieve high performance
- Ensure timely and accurate production of all financial information in line with company standards and guidelines to ensure that all financial project targets are met
- Provide challenge to the project team reported results and commentary supporting these numbers each month in line with policy
- Produce budgets and forecasts to Delivery Unit Finance in collaboration with the PM & SCM
- Support the PM & SCL in all forecasts & projections, managing Claim and Change, managing and reporting the project CTC position and Client and Alliance relationship (as required & directed)
- Support the Commercial Team to ensure that we actively manage and report claim and change
- Ensure we have robust CVR and CTC review processes in place
- Drive cost control (and ownership) and cash/working capital management on the project
- Liaise with internal and external audit as required
- Manage any client audit requirements effectively (to maximise cost and value recovery)
- Ensure the finance service delivered meets all internal and external stakeholder needs and requirements
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Sound financial and commercial acumen
- Understanding of risk management in a multi-site environment
- Sound knowledge of Finance ERP systems
- In depth knowledge of Long Term Contract Accounting
- Team coaching and mentoring skills
- An understanding of large construction projects
- Experience in operating at a similar level as part of a large project team
- Team management and development experience
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.