PBFA Analyst – Assistant Director
EY Global Delivery Services means 40 000+ specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
As a Finance Manager, you will perform in a role that serves as a business partner and advisor to key business leaders. This role provides critical thinking on business direction, operating performance and financial results, in support of leadership team.
The role works within a fast changing, evolving environment with a number of significant changes taking place to the team’s processes and systems. Therefore the ideal candidate will need to be agile and versatile along with the ability to deal with change on an on-going basis. This is an opportunity to broaden your experience and network along with challenging your existing skills working within a large, complex, multi country organization.
Your key responsibilities:
- Be the FRO (Finance Relationship Owner) for financial and operational issues supporting the leadership and acting as a trusted business adviser. Develop effective working relationships with other members of Finance team and Service line leadership, becoming a key member of the team and point of contact
- Provide financial scenario modeling and analysis services on performance results of the team strategic priorities as outlined in its strategy, identifying trends and issues that need to be understood, and providing recommendation in support of the strategic direction of the practice
- Analyze and present complex financial data in a way that is easily understandable. Develop and support the delivery of communications/presentations that effectively engage audiences, responding to key business issues and recommended solutions
- Analyze and present complex analysis related to Markets Finance aspects which include i.e. accounts performance
- Respond to requests from Finance and Global/Area/Region Leadership to answer specific ad hoc financial questions and provide insightful information to advance leadership discussion and decision making
- Provide support to SL run initiatives as well as Finance run initiatives such as Gross Margin improvement, Mercury / SAP implementation, Planning, budgeting and forecasting (PBFA) cycle, Market Leadership Plan. Support the completion on time of the various Plan, Forecast, MLP and revenue planning cycles, ensuring outputs align to the objectives set
- Support the design and delivery of ad hoc financial analysis. Ability to model projections, identify trends and issues that need to be analyzed and understood in clear and visualized form
Act as counsellor and coach to less experienced professionals as required, supporting development and demonstration of Trusted Business Advisor competencies of the team
Skills and attributes for success:
- Graduate and/or professional certification in a business related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance)
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Strong spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a virtual global organization respecting international cultures
- A strong understanding of corporate financial management with concentration in financial planning and analysis is required
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze problems, design and implement solutions independently
- Highly team oriented approach, with flexibility regarding tasks undertaken and the ability to prioritize a number of conflicting demands to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills - can work alongside and gain the trust and respect of stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Credibility and confidence to challenge and propose better ways of doing things as well as build bridges and harmonize divergent interests and priorities
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal; excellent presentation and client advisory skill
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools, predominantly Excel and PowerPoint
- Power BI and/or other data visualization tool experience to support ad hoc analysis and build regular reports is an advantage
- Flexibility for limited travel
What we look for:
We’re interested in professionals who are eager to be the 'Go To' contact for financial and operational issues while supporting the Service Lines Leaders and act as a trusted business adviser, develop effective working relationships within the Finance team and leadership, becoming a key point of contact.
What working at EY offers:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service while allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our professionals can be required to travel regularly, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.