DataGX Service Manager, AVP
Who we are
State Street Global Exchange combines our unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationships with new customers. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our clients zero in on the opportunities and actions that will generate the most value. We help them decide on a strategy and put it into action. We offer research and advice that give our clients insight into issues shaping their business today. And we offer information and data management plus analytics to help them plot results and manage risk.
Who we are looking for
The State Street Global Exchange Data Solutions team is seeking experienced, Data Analysts to help us build and sustain our client’s data capabilities and competitive advantage using the GX Data Solutions services and product offerings. DataGX provides its clients with a more effective integration channel with their service partners while reducing both operational and technology cost and complexity, we offer a comprehensive range of solutions and capabilities including: Data as a Service (DaaS), Data Aggregation Services, Value-Added Services such as Data Management Strategy Consulting, Risk Reporting and Virtual Data Marts.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of tools and techniques used for data management; knowledge of database platforms and design and support tools including the ability to write SQL code for strong data analysis through queries, data profiling, and data validation exercises; have experience with metadata management approaches and tools.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Global Exchange (SSGX). SSGX is a State Street business unit that provides data and analytics solutions to asset owners and asset managers, as well as banks and insurance companies. Global Exchange helps our clients make more informed investment decisions. Our broad product line provides a consistent way of looking at risk and performance from front to middle office.
Join us if making your mark in research for investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Data ManagementGX Service Manager you will:
- DataGX point of contact for client for all Business As Usual (BAU) related items and discussion
- Act as the primary client advocate within DataGX
- Work closely with Operations, DataGX SME, and internal service provides (truView, SSIA etc.) to provide optimal service to clients.
- Track and deliver all Service Level Agreement (SLA) statistics to client
- Run periodic BAU calls with client
- Actively work on new projects and enhancement to the DataGX service
- Keep other players like client service, relationship management teams in the loop
- Assist in structuring the data validation process
- Examine existing business models and flows of data, discuss findings with the client, and design the appropriate solution for the client
- Liaise between the client , data modelers and the developers
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution
- Support and provide analysis for Client Change Request items impacting the Enterprise processes and Operating Models
- Interface with data experts, data sourcing resources
- Employ analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to improve overall business and systems performance
- Support user training, documentation, and rollout
- Support overall project management and business strategy related to information delivery, business intelligence and data governance
- Maintain effective working relationships with organizational team and clients
What we value
The DataGX service manager is a senior Business Analyst with client facing skill set. As such, these skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent decision making, communication, and presentation skills
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience working in a related role, preferably within Operations
- Must possess a clear understanding of different investment data components and their interaction. Security master, Trade, Positions, analytics, performance, attribution, risk etc.
- Experience interacting with external or internal clients
- Working knowledge of common data vendors (i.e. Bloomberg, IDC, RIMES etc.)
- Prior experience with State Street and ESP is a big plus
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in business, accounting, information technology or related field of study
- Knowledge and experience working within financial services
- Flexibility and ability to travel
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.