EMEA VAT Manager - VP #156683
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
VAT manager responsible for advisory support and compliance oversight for EMEA entities.
Primary areas of responsibilities to include:
- Assisting the EMEA VAT Head in the VAT compliance processes in UK including deciding on tax positions, preparation and review of annual and quarterly VAT returns, ensure the accuracy and completeness of VAT returns, timeliness of filing, and accuracy and timeliness of VAT payments. Supporting the EMEA VAT Director in dealing with local tax authorities on VAT matters, including preparation and/or review of submissions to the tax authorities.
- A chance to lead on various project related work either as project manager or delegate and ensuring effective communication, planning and execution.
- Coordinating with IT and Finance change teams in providing VAT SME support for technology and innovation programs.
VAT Planning & Advisory
- Advising business divisions across all divisions located in all EMEA jurisdictions on the tax consequences of their business strategies, and provision of VAT advice in relation to corporate related initiatives and transactions.
- Participating in New Business Initiatives to advise on the VAT consequences of new products, business divisions and entities, including advising the business on implementation of guidelines and/or processes to meet tax related requirements and preparation of sign-off recommendations.
- Participating in the development and implementation of the EMEA VAT planning strategy.
- Representing CS at various representative bodies, tax authorities and regulators in connection with evaluating and effecting tax-related law and regulatory change.
Governance and controls
Managing and reporting of EMEA VAT governance and control matters, including:
- Escalation of VAT matters to EMEA VAT Director.
- Manage Operational Risk reporting.
- Sarbanes Oxley Controls and processes.
- Specific Country legislative matters e.g. UK’s Senior Accounting Officer regime.
- Big 4 trained, CTA qualified, proven experience ideally within Financial services Indirect tax.
- Prior in-house experience would be useful, but not essential.
- Outstanding communication skills and strong commercial decision making. Brings insight and effectively applies knowledge to business problems.
- Excellent attention to details and communicates with impact, in a way that is open, consistent and clear.
- Experience in strategic change programs ideally within technology and innovation for Indirect taxes would be an advantage.
- Results-oriented, hardworking individual with strong interpersonal and issue resolution skills.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.