Analyst, Procurement (Multiple Positions)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
The Analyst on the Procurement Demand Management team is responsible, with minimal oversight working independently most of the time, for partnering with procurement, the business units, and finance to attain expense reductions through business unit sponsored initiatives, negotiated savings, post sourcing savings, financial analysis and continuous process improvements. Will work with relevant partners, across groups, to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all information that is provided to both internal and external clients. The job requires reviewing contracts, sourcing plans, demand, usage, and forecasting. The job will also require interacting with suppliers and multiple business partners. This individual will have a strong technical finance and contracts background, as it requires understanding and ability to create financial models. The team will assist and manage global supply chain management and procurement projects. Responsible for providing value to the sourcing process and analytics. Helps lead the collection and analysis of data, and may lead pricing discussions & negotiations.
- Serve as the point of contact for specific supplier relationships, may cross multiple business units and service areas
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills in the performance calculation and/or reporting process.
- Assists with special projects and/or process improvement initiatives.
- Identifies improvements to existing processes to further gain operational efficiency and productivity.
- Interface with category managers, product managers, business partners, and technical staff to understand requirements.
- Attends committee meetings or meetings with Sr. Management
- Prepare / review reports and analyze to determine impacts, issues, and opportunities
- Work with procurement and shared services finance team to analyze and review suppliers
- Work on ad-hoc products
- Coordinate supplier strategic supplier relationship reviews
- Provides input in developing category sourcing strategies and overall supplier relationship(s)
- Provides consulting for improvements of global policies, programs and processes
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, vendor, and/or internal business impact
- Works on projects and develops project leadership skills
- Prior Accounting / Finance and supply chain management and procurement experience for atleat 1-3 years.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Good analytical, numerical and reasoning skills
- Deep understanding of process and process improvement
- Analytical, project management and problem solving skills are required
- Approachable and able to promote teamwork through creative solutions
- A College or University degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Finance and/or some relevant work experience and strong leadership in Sourcing or Procurement is required.
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain, or a quantitative discipline. Masters’ degree would be an advantage. CIPM or CFA a plus
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.