Strategy & Transactions Manager – Turnaround & Restructuring Services - Financial Services Office
Strategy & Transactions Manager – Turnaround & Restructuring Services - Financial Services Office (FSO): Bermuda
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. The BBC operates as one regional practice and we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent from across the globe. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse financial services clients.
Our Strategy & Transactions (SaT) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within SaT include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Turnaround & Restructuring, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuations, Economics and Modeling.
Through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching you will experience ongoing professional development. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our continued success in the Bermuda & Caribbean region has propelled rapid growth in our team. We have ambitious plans and we are seeking a high-performing and motivated Manager to join our team to help in further developing our practice. This role will primarily focus on insolvency and restructuring; the successful candidate should have liquidations experience (both solvent and insolvent), while some transaction due diligence/investigations/forensics experience would be beneficial but is not required for this role. This position is based in Bermuda and, where necessary to meet client demands, in the wider Caribbean area. Successful candidates must have a track record of strong performance and a desire to provide exceptional client service.
Your key responsibilities
Manage restructuring, liquidation, insolvency and/or valuations engagements by defining the engagement scope, in consultation with the senior manager, associate partner/partner and execute it in compliance with the firm’s policies and communicate issues to project leaders
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and make sure that delivered client work is of high quality; as part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate
- Demonstrate professionalism and confidence to deal with a range of stakeholder groups and management teams
- Build strong internal relationships within SaT and across other services
- Participate in business development initiatives and actively build your own network of contacts with work providers
- Create a positive learning culture and coach junior team members to help them develop
Skills and attributes for success
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of business trends, emerging technical and industry developments
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Able to manage multiple engagements and deadline-driven
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s or graduate degree in accounting, ﬁnance, business, or a related ﬁeld
- An internationally recognized professional accounting certification, such as an ACA, CA, CPA or equivalent, or a service line relevant certification, such as a recognized insolvency qualification
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent relevant experience in a similar position with demonstrated career progression and leadership skills; prior experience working for a public accounting or professional services ﬁrm as well as experience in the ﬁnancial services industry is strongly preferred.
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or under-performance
- Proficiency in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
- The ability to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions and experience in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Appreciation of the risks inherent in advising distressed businesses and their stakeholders
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior staff
- Knowledge of current market issues in financial services
- Experience working on project-based teams solving complex issues
What we look for
We’re most interested in well-rounded people who are naturally curious and ready to work on engagements from a wide range of backgrounds. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, as well the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, a minimum of 20 days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, consulting, strategy and transactions, & tax services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.