Tax Graduate - Corporate International Transfer Pricing
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working hard and working together, our Tax team thrives on keeping busy. They service our clients around the world with everything from day-to-day compliance with tax authorities to advice on international tax to transaction support on mergers and acquisitions. That diversity of work requires a diversity of talents. Tax attracts specialists for the most technically complex challenges, versatile thinkers for large clients with varied problems and brilliant innovators who create tomorrow’s bespoke solutions. The graduate programme starts you off in compliance, immediately taking on important responsibilities including preparing corporate tax returns. You’ll take on more and more challenging work as you develop and will be able to specialise in a specific tax area or an audit group to really explore where your talents are most suited.
We’ll help you succeed
The three-year Tax Graduate Programme is your opportunity to learn our sector inside out, get real experience on real projects and achieve a recognised professional qualification. We’ll cover your exam fees and give you the study leave and extra training you’ll need to pass them while you balance your own workload. That training isn’t just about passing the exams, you’ll learn a range of personal, management and client-related skills that will help you become a full rounded BDO advisor and achieve your full potential.
Programme & Qualification
BDO offer the ACA CTA Joint Programme enabling you to become Associate Chartered Accountants (ACA) and Chartered Tax Advisors (CTA) . You will gain two qualification from two institutes under a Level 7 apprenticeship. The ACA CTA Joint Programme gives you the opportunity to specialise in one of three areas – taxation of major corporates, owner-managed businesses or indirect tax. The programme offers a fast-track route to become a specialist in tax. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
BDO’s transfer pricing work is project-based and projects typically look at the ways in which businesses structure their operations, financing, and the development and management of their intellectual property. A role within this team would provide an opportunity learn about international transfer pricing principles and also to gain insight to how a business operates, structures its financing, develops and manages its intellectual property.
- Supporting managers and qualified members of the team with the day-to-day running and co-ordination of transfer pricing projects – this includes preparing information requests, setting up and attending meetings and conference calls with clients, preparing project timelines, and reviewing the budgets for projects
- You will attend ‘functional analysis’ meetings with clients in order to obtain an understanding of the key functions, assets and risks of a business. At these meetings you will be expected to take detailed and comprehensive notes, and develop an in-depth understanding of clients’ businesses
- Drafting transfer pricing documentation for clients – this can range from a short memorandum to a full transfer pricing report, which includes looking at the wider industry in which a client operates, and understanding their business value chain. This work will require strong written skills, as well as the ability to understand and coherently summarise information
- Undertaking economic analysis to determine and support transfer pricing policies – this will include conducting benchmarking studies using third party data and reviewing intercompany agreements, customer contracts. Benchmarking forms part of our economic analysis, looking at the results achieved by third parties performing similar activities and comparing them to the results of intercompany transactions
- Helping with the client take-on procedure when new projects are won
- Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
When you join us
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone with:
- A 2:2 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted)
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.