Credit Trading External Reporting Product Controller
The European Credit Markets Product Control team provides support for the European Credit Markets business. The business is a pre-eminent player in making markets for a spectrum of credit products across the EMEA region, primarily CDS, bonds, loans and indices as well as support for the credit correlation business.
The Product Control team undertakes P&L and Risk validation, reporting, balance sheet and capital management whilst also ensuring accuracy and integrity of the financial statements.
Roles & Responsibilities
The candidate would have strong analytical skills and attention to details. Past experience through either employment or education in financial markets, sciences or other numerical disciplines are preferable.
The role is within the EMEA Credit Markets space; responsibilities of which would include: -
- Work closely with Financial Controllers for Month-end close activities.
- Responsible for FVM/FVO reporting for derivatives/bonds/equities/loans/other borrowed funds and long term debt under US GAAP and UK GAAP
- Responsible for 10Q and 10K footnotes disclosures.
- Work closely with VCG team on FVM levelling disclosure in JPM financial statements
- Involvement in RWA reporting
- Quarterly level 3 estimate for capital planning
- Preparation of variance commentary for FRRA and senior management
- Key point of contact for UK Regulatory Reporting team as well as Fed, internal audit and external audit reporting related matters for EMEA Credit business
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Accounting qualification preferred
- The candidate should be a driven, self-motivator
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Professional attitude, team player with an approachable manner
- Attention to detail and ability to work effectively to tight deadlines
- Ability to challenge efficiency and drive forward on change and innovation of processes
- Excellent Excel knowledge
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.