About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Cost Supervisor to join our Ground Engineering team to work at the M6 Junction 4 Works Compound, Coleshill.
- To provide professional site support services to project teams on site to support effective operational delivery;
- To be responsible for providing consistent, effective and efficient site support services in accordance with CSUK policy.
What you'll be doing
As a Cost Supervisor you will:
- Provide accurate costing and control of project expenditure, reflected in the timely production of monthly project cost reports;
- Interface directly with the project staff to ensure projects receive adequate support and guidance from the site support function;
- Ensure that site support processes are consistently and rigorously applied across projects in accordance with all relevant CSUK policies;
- Management of new starts/ transfers/ time-sheet input for weekly paid operatives;
- Review accounts transactions processed by Cost Administrators including plant transactions, catalogue call-offs, material receipt/ GRN processing, invoice processing, PNPO processing, supplier query resolution, and other sundry transactions are accurate;
- Process accounts transactions including plant returns & queries, sundry sales invoices, rent, petty cash, minor value purchases, PNPO processing, supplier query resolution, and other sundry transactions;
- Calculate project accruals for CVR;
- Assist with resolution of payroll queries;
- Be data gathering, recording and reporting for sustainability (CRC, meters, van logs etc);
- Assist with site set-up;
- Manage project staff holiday records and time-sheets (may change with self-service time-sheets);
- Manage project ancillary staff cleaners, store-men, secretaries;
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- The individual should have experience of performing a site admin role producing and reporting project cost either on a large site or across multiple sites in a construction environment;
- The ability to work with people at various levels both internally within Balfour Beatty and externally and apply and comply with the CSUK site support procedures is essential;
- This is a position of considerable responsibility involving ordering, receipting, invoice processing and payroll;
- Numeracy and IT skills: MS Office packages including Excel (intermediate level) are required;
- The ability to influence key project stakeholders within the organisation to ensure good practise and a collaborative approach is taken to ensure efficient cost control on the project(s);
- A working knowledge of Oracle (or equivalent ERP cost management module) and construction/engineering working rule agreements is desirable.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering offers a range of services across the construction sector, from piled foundations to ground improvement, testing and analysis. We have established our reputation through our integrated design approach to every project, from the small to the very large.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.