IFS - Finance - Finance Applications - Senior Associate - Jordan
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Financial Analysis and Reporting team is responsible for managing PwC’s financial risk through financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and tactical consulting. As part of the team, you’ll help with budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting, shared services and financing.
Finance Technology is a key team within Finance in PwC ME, managing and supporting finance applications from both a business as usual and project perspective.
The main focus of the role is to provide support to users across the Middle East in relation to the firm’s finance systems and ensuring critical matters are escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Support the day to day management of the firm’s finance systems and ensuring their smooth operation across the Finance function and wider business.
- Support system upgrade and patching processes including user acceptance testing cycles and working with the Finance Application Manager, IT teams and other support teams to ensure the upgrade process is completed successfully.
- Support Finance transformation projects involving the firm’s finance systems.
- Ensure critical matters and any disruption of services are escalated to the Finance Applications Manager in a reliable and timely manner.
- Supporting master data management , security and other system administration activities.
- Developing in depth functional knowledge of the firm’s finance systems.
- Provide level 2 support to users, liaising with other internal functions, hosting centres and vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner with minimal disruption to operations.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the impact and opportunities of upgrades / new system implementations on business processes and support the associated change management.
Learning & Growth
- Provide training on financial systems to new joiners.
- Provide training on system changes due to upgrades / implementation of new systems to existing staff.
- Capture system changes, functional documentation and other relevant documents into a repository to build the team's knowledge management database.
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members.
- Minimum of a University education, preferably majoring in Computer Science.
- Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in ERP management.
- Understanding of different finance business processes and knowledge of financial aspects of an ERP solution is critical.
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in the software industry.
- Experience in Microsoft Technologies (including IIS, SharePoint, SQL Server, SSRS and SSIS) preferred.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to consult and communicate effectively with both technical and business personnel, in writing and verbally.
- Excels in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships at all levels across the business.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proactive and organised with excellent time management and decision making skills.
- Thorough with an eye for detail.
- Ethical Conduct.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.