Associate / Consultant, Business Tax
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting, People Advisory Services, Indirect Tax Services, as well as International and Transaction Tax Services.
Our business tax services help clients succeed by assisting them with the strategic and operational challenges facing their tax functions, analyzing tax opportunities and benefits, and providing tax-related domestic and cross-border planning as well as compliance services individuals and corporations Be part of the team that works closely with clients to build sustainable tax strategies; improve processes, controls and risk management; and supports clients in managing effective relationships with tax authorities.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend a large portion of your time directly engaged in compliance projects for our clients. You’ll work with our diverse client portfolio. In the process, you’ll strengthen your commercial, legislative and industry sector knowledge, and you’ll establish valuable business relationships and networks. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
Skills and attributes for success
- Helping businesses meet ever-growing and increasingly complex tax demands by having a deep understanding of relevant legislation
- Keeping up to date with ongoing trends and changes to legislation that will affect planning activities
- Working with businesses to meet complex demands for tax reporting, compliance and planning, and tax policy and controversy
- Display outstanding communication skills and the ability to manage client relationships effectively
- Coach and develop our junior teams
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in Accountancy/Taxation/Business related discipline. or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2 complete years (for Associate level)/ 3-4 complete years (for Consultant level) of relevant work experience is required
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Expertise in time management, and the ability to adapt to change under pressure
- A highly collaborative approach to work
Ideally, you also have
- Experience working in professional services companies and accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transactions, and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.