Manager - Governance (Remuneration)
KPMG in Malaysia provides Audit, Tax and Advisory services. Established in 1928, not only is our Firm one of the oldest in Malaysia, but also the oldest KPMG Firm in the Asia Pacific region. With approximately over 2,000 staff positioned in 8 offices nationwide, our goal is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people and the capital markets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned, fast-paced and professional organisation with good career development opportunities.
As part of the Governance & Sustainability department:
- Support the Governance team in delivering effective, high quality and timely outputs in board advisory and governance engagements which typically revolve around the following areas:
- Design of remuneration frameworks for Directors
- Conduct benchmarking on the remuneration of senior management personnel;
- Advising clients on the design and implementation of governance frameworks and policies;
- Facilitate the exercise of Board effectiveness evaluation.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Statistics
- Quantitatively inclined and is able to rationalise data points
- One to four years of working experience in the areas of corporate governance, corporate law, secretarial and/or compliance.
- Good knowledge of both local and global corporate governance regulations/standards/guidelines (e.g. Companies Act 2016, Bursa Listing Requirements, Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance etc.)
- Strong work ethic - Able to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to short notice requests.
- Ability to work in a high-performance team, contribute to the effective delivery of project deliverables, outputs and support the growth of project team members.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of Microsoft Excel
- Fluency in English – Reading, speaking and writing.
- Ability to engage with clients in a convincing manner.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.