We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a range of companies, from start-ups to FTSE350 companies, in multiple sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. It’s not just analysing numbers though; Audit teams really get to know their clients. That means you’ll spend every day working as part of a team, often on clients’ premises, working with key individuals to understand their financial performance, business systems, culture and risks. The graduate programme offers unparalleled exposure to a range of sectors and the potential for international secondment.
We’ll help you succeed
The three-year Audit Graduate Programme is your opportunity to learn our sector inside out, get real experience on real projects and achieve a recognised professional qualification. We’ll cover your exam fees and give you the study leave and extra training you’ll need to pass them while you balance your own workload. That training isn’t just about passing the exams, you’ll learn a range of personal, management and client-related skills that will help you become a full rounded BDO advisor and achieve your full potential.
Programme & Qualification
BDO offer the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS) qualification and there's never been a better time to train to become a Chartered Accountant (CA). The CA qualification is exceptional. An internationally respected qualification, that provides you with the knowledge, skills and values to become a highly regarded and sought-after business professional You can look forward to an interesting and varied career. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
Your role will be to assist the Trainees, Tax Associates and Managers as part of a wider team to service our clients. This will involve the preparing tax computations, dealing with administration and assisting on advisory projects. The majority of the work will be undertaken in the office but you will be required to attend client’s premises to prepare tax computations from time to time. You will correspond directly with clients and HMRC via phone calls, emails and meetings.
- Assist the Trainees, Tax Associates and Managers as part of a wider team to service their client, prepare client tax computations and returns supervised by the Senior Tax Associates and Manager
- Ensure clients’ files have all relevant documentation and are checked thoroughly on a regular basis
- Carry out ad hoc assignments which is required by the line manager
- Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the Senior Tax Associate and Manager
- Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the Senior or Manager
- Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation
- Ensure professional standards is maintained
- Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
- Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and their internal management to ensure that their needs are met
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the Tax team
- Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by their Manager
- Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
When you join us
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone with:
- A 2:2 degree in any discipline (obtained or predicted)
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
- Ability and commitment to balance study and professional work
- Strong desire to understand our business and achieve your full potential
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.