Contract Accountant (15 month FTC)
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Accountant (15 month FTC) to join our Ground Engineering team to work in Basingstoke and North West London.
- Responsible for all aspects of management reporting and financial control of the appointed contract(s) and as a member of the contract management team, contributing to the overall strategy and performance of the contract to meet agreed business and service objectives.
What you'll be doing
As a Contract Accountant (15 month FTC) you will:
- To act as a Business Partner to the appointed contracts;
- Work with operational management on the preparation and delivery of business plans, budgets and quarterly forecasts;
- To implement and own a robust contract forecasting process;
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures;
- Monitor financial & non-financial KPIs focusing on contractual profitability issues, commercial risks, working capital and related cash flows;
- Work with operational management on cost control and monitoring and control of overheads;
- Provide financial evaluation for all contract initiatives and commercial changes;
- Operate the companys risk framework to identify and manage the required outcome of potential risks and opportunities;
- Establish good working relationships with other team members and contribute to overall team objectives;
- Understand and meet customer requirements, agreeing and implementing service levels and utilising feedback to improve service delivery;
- Promote and maintain the company values.
- Prepare monthly contract performance schedules, including profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow together with commentary and analysis;
- Responsible for preparation of contract quarterly forecasts, annual budget and input to 3YP;
- To proactively support and influence contract management;
- Preparation and monitoring of performance improvement plans (PIPs);
- To understand and report on contract risks and opportunities;
- To review and monitor WIP and over-measure balances;
- To control WIP model and produce month end WIP/Overmeasure balances;
- Preparation and reporting of activity analysis (service lines, pain/gain, lump sum, etc);
- Review and control of contract stock;
- Calculate variances to POS model;
- To safeguard the assets of the contract and ensure adequate and appropriate controls are in place.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Recognised Accountancy Qualification;
- A minimum of five years post qualification relevant experience;
- Good financial & commercial acumen with knowledge of budgetary control, profit & loss accounts and financial reporting;
- Thorough knowledge and experience of risk management;
- Ability to analyse complex data with accuracy;
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word etc;
- Good communicator and strong inter-personal skills.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering offers a range of services across the construction sector, from piled foundations to ground improvement, testing and analysis. We have established our reputation through our integrated design approach to every project, from the small to the very large.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.