Accounts Semi-Senior - Friendly Local Firm
A Semi Senior Accountant position in Kingston. This firm is ideal for someone who wants a friendly and supportive firm; with access to study support, working with clients from a variety of different industries.
Our client is an accountancy, audit and business advisory firm based in Kingston, providing integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. They are a growing accountancy firm that has a well-established brand with multiple offices and give excellent service to a variety of clients.
As a semi senior accountant, you will be required to:
- Prepare financial statements for limited companies and sole traders from trial balance stage and incomplete records
- Assist and carry out statutory audits covering audit planning, fieldwork and completion
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Work and liaise with other members within the audit and accounts team
- Preparation, review and presentation of client management information as required
- Calculation and filing of some client VAT returns as required
- Addressing and discussing with clients any technical accounting issues identified during the course of client work
- Developing junior assistants in the team by on the job training and helping with their work
- Ideal candidate will be studying towards the ACCA qualification with at least 18 months' experience of working within an accountancy firm.
- Ideally part-qualified or qualified in ACCA and undertaken a semi senior accountant role before
- Understanding and experience of audits beneficial
- Technically capable of producing statutory financial statements and management information to a high standard
- Experience of calculating and submitting client VAT returns
- Experience of calculating and submitting corporation tax and PAYE returns beneficial
- Strong IT skills inclusive of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Knowledge of accounting systems such as Sage, Iris, QuickBooks, Xero, CCH Central (not all required but more is beneficial)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to facilitate extensive client relationship development
- Ambitious and persistent, self-motivated and able to work to targets
- No audit experience required!
Salary circa £22,000 - £31,000 depending on experience, qualification status and study requirements
Full study support provided if required