Finance Manager - Business Decision Support (BDS) Team
About the team
PwC Channel Islands has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to lead its BDS team. PwC is a highly dynamic professional services firm offering Advisory, Tax, Audit and other assurance services to a large portfolio of international and local clients. The Channel Islands firm employs nearly 400 staff in offices across Jersey, Guernsey and Alderney and is part of an international network of 150 PwC firms employing over 250,000 staff. The successful candidate will report directly to the Finance Senior Manager and be part of a wider Finance team working across all three islands.
At PwC, our Finance BDS team is an integral part of the internal Finance function. It is aligned to our three lines of services: Assurance, Tax and Advisory and works closely with the line of service leadership teams to help drive business performance. The team provides a platform to support well-informed and high quality financial decision making.
The BDS team provides objective financial advice and opinions that positively impact the future choices of each line of service and the Channel Islands firm as a whole. It identifies and drives financial improvements whether through pricing, efficiency, resource allocation or cost management. It prepares financial plans, targets, budgets and forecasts for each lineline of service and reports on financial and non-financial performance against these.
About the role
As the Finance Manager you will be part of a team of two, with one member of staff reporting to you. You should have good business, technical, analytical and commercial skills and be able to apply your knowledge to provide advice to client facing professionals in line with PwC policies and accounting standards. You should be forward thinking and be able to develop innovative solutions to support the business growth and profitability targets.
You will report to the Finance Senior Manager, liaising with and working alongside other finance functions. You will develop a network of key finance contacts, within the Channel Islands and the UK, build strong relationships and develop new skills.
As a Finance Manager you will be managing and coaching the other individual in your team and will take the lead on:
- Interpreting and reporting on the monthly financial results; recommending actions to the Finance Director and the Senior Partner
- Preparing annual line of service budgets and conducting mid-year re-forecasting processes
- Providing business analysis to the wider business at regular intervals and in particular to the firm’s three line-of-service leadership teams
- Conducting financial control processes over line of service balance sheets Requirements
- 5 years+ experience or exposure in a finance function environment
- Professionally qualified or part-qualified.
- Commercial and business minded
- Action orientated and a self-starter
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with the ability to present accurate financial data in a user-friendly way.
- Strong technical skills and agile across multiple platforms and systems
- Focused on continuous improvement in all areas of their work
- A strong relationship builder who builds trust in key stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Takes responsibility for own personal development
- Intermediate to advanced excel
Right to work in Jersey
- Due to licence restrictions, we are ideally looking for an individual who is entitled to work in Jersey Additional information
- This is an office based role with the opportunity of flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home occasionally
- Occasional travel/overnight may be required