Assistant Management Accountant
- Reference: SEP20203988
- Expiry date: 23:59, 04 October 2020
- Location: Chester
- Salary: £33,373.43 Per Annum
- Benefits: Excellent benefits package
- Duration: 12 months Temporary, 12 months – Full time
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to prevent extinction, from caring for animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our visitors an inspirational day out. We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and, despite all the challenges that 2020 has thrown at us, we still want to be the best zoo in the world! If you think you can help us to achieve that then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting vacancy for an Assistant Management Accountant to join our Finance team on a temporary basis.
- Produce Financial Reports, Performance Indicators and ad hoc management information on a regular and timely basis. Monitor, report and analyse actual revenues against budget on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the preparation of annual detailed departmental and organisational budgets.
- Apply the appropriate processes and accountancy techniques to ensure professional standards of accounting practices are adhered to.
- Oversee the day to day running of the Accounts team including sales ledger and purchase ledger, prioritising the workload of a team of Accounts Co-ordinators.
- Support the Management Accountant to deliver the monthly reports for the Directors, Heads of Department and external stakeholders.
- Ownership of balance sheet reconciliations (accruals, prepayments, accrued income, payments on account).
- Assist the Management Accountant in developing the finance systems, control environment, processes and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A qualification in ACA, ACCA or CIMA is required but part-qualified will be considered providing that you are at least 50% through your exams. AAT only will not be considered.
- Experience working in an Assistant Management Accountant, or similar role.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with proficiency in producing reports.
- The ability to engage and build strong working relationships with others, particularly senior managers.
- Advanced Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables etc.).
- Knowledge of UK GAAP.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience supervising and coaching colleagues is desirable.
It would be an advantage if candidates are available immediately/at short notice.
The salary is £33,373.43 per annum based on working 40 hours per week. The normal working week is Monday – Friday, 8.30am to 5pm, however some flexibility around these hours, including part time working, may be possible. In addition we offer a range of amazing benefits.
To apply for this position, please visit our website via the apply button below.
Closing date for applications is 4 October 2020