Junior Client Accountant
Junior Client Accountant – Job Specification
Connect2Accounting Limited is an accountancy and tax practice based in Castletown. We provide accounting and tax compliance services. Our clients include CSPs, lawyers, entrepreneurs, small business owners and others. We work mainly from our office but also work at our clients’ offices if they need assistance on projects.
The accounting team currently has 7 members, most fully qualified and one trainee accountant. The role on offer is for an additional trainee accountant to join our accounting team. The successful candidate will be funded through their ACCA exams if they show sufficient interest to pursue these and potential.
Responsible for carrying out general accounting functions including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules/ledgers, account/bank reconciliations, preparing VAT returns and preparing financial statements.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- prepare journal entries
- build relationships with clients
- complete general ledger operations
- follow internal financial controls and procedures
- monthly closings and preparation of monthly and quarterly reports
- maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process for clients
- Produce monthly financial reports and analysis as requested
- contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- prepare tax computations and VAT returns
- other office administrative tasks
- preparation of annual statutory financial statements
- account/bank reconciliations
- assist with year-end closings for clients
- attention to detail and accuracy
- planning and organising
- scheduling and monitoring
- communication skills
- problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- team work
Education and Experience
- previous experience of general accounting and preparation of financial statements would be ideal
- experience of working within an office environment
- minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent qualifications