Accounts Payable (Temporary position in the hospitality sector)
Accounts Payable (Temporary position in the hospitality sector) - Role to start within 2 weeks as this is an urgent requirement.
This accountancy position is for a retail company based in central London. You will be required to work from home for the majority of the role, however when necessary you will need to commute into central London.
This Accounts Payable (Temporary position in the hospitality sector) role will sit within a small team, who liaise directly with the Italian office on a regular basis.
The Key responsibilities for this accounting position are:
- Posting accounts receivable receipts (received direct into bank and via card payment over the telephone);
- Maintaining customer accounts and ensuring receipts and credit notes are fully matched to invoices
- Coding and posting supplier invoices and also payments to the supplier accounts
- Processing cash expense claims ensuring all supporting receipt and vouchers are received and checked
- Processing and posting credit card expenditure and by ensuring all applicable receipt and vouchers have been received from all cardholders and any necessary reclaimable input VAT is identified
- Preparation of the weekly bank account and PDQ receipts reconciliations
- Independently prepare the quarterly VAT returns with minimal supervision
- Prepare and submit monthly EC Sales Lists and Intrastat filings
- Assisting with the maintenance of education allowances accruing to qualifying customers
- Assisting with any adhoc tasks in connection with monthly internal reporting for submission to HQ in Italy as well as the annual statutory audit
- Assist the financial controller on an adhoc basis with queries from customers and on any projects
- Where the need arises or cover is required, assisting the Customer Care team in dealing with customer queries.
- Ad-hoc accountancy tasks
The successful candidate will have:
- 2-3 years of accounting experience; can be equivalent combination of education and on the job experience. Educated to degree level, or equivalent work experience;
- Knowledge of accounting systems and procedures preferably SAGE ERP X3, Diapason 6;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and work by priority;
- Attention to detail and must be more proactive than reactive
- Proficiency in MS Office and in particular Excel (VLOOKUP's, Pivot tables)
- Enthusiastic and committed to achieving both individual and organisational goals.
- A quick learner, with a calm & measured disposition;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and a clear communicator.
This Accounts Payable (Temporary position in the hospitality sector) position will offer the candidate an exciting opportunity to gain experience in the retail sector within accounting.
Please apply if you think you are suitable for this role and have the appropriate experience.