Accounts Assistant/Assistant Accountant
My client is looking for an ambitious Accounts Assistant/Assistant Accountant to provide key support in the transactional processes including sales ledger & purchase ledger but also support the Finance Manager in month end processes.
This business is one of my favourite clients to work with. They have seen huge growth over the past couple of years and they have just implemented a new and exciting revenue stream to the business which has taken off rapidly. They're a growing distribution firm who're market leading in their field.
- Raise non-inventory Purchase requisitions and keep a schedule of re-occurring items to allow for timely receipting and tracking of spend (specifically delivery charges, Utility bills).
- To process purchase ledger invoices in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment of our suppliers and therefore keeping production operational.
- File supplier delivery notes and match to Purchase orders and invoices.
- Control and maintain sales ledger ensuring accounts are kept up to date and payments are received on time.
- Run sales invoicing daily and send copies to customers.
- Send weekly statements to customers to ensure overdue balance on the sales ledger are kept to a minimum.
- Run Aged debtors report on a weekly basis, matching payments to invoices and reviewing weekly with Management Accountant.
- Petty cash management and reconciliation including entering transactions on to SAP. Bank any excess cash.
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts.
- Assist in the production of annual budgets and monthly reforecasts.
- Monthly and year end analysis of P&L
- Assist with monthly balance sheet
- Finance degree or equivalent is ideal.
- Ability to prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under your own initiative.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
The successful candidate will receive a salary up to £25,000 with excellent company benefits and potential study support package.