Manager Financial Control
Do work that matters:
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
Wealth Management Finance (WMF) supports the Wealth Management (WM) Senior Leadership Team to manage and grow the business.
WM predominantly comprises Colonial First State (CFS). CFS is the Commonwealth Bank’s Superannuation and Investments arm. CFS exists to drive member outcomes and we have been helping over 1.2 million Australians with their superannuation, investment and retirement needs since 1988. In May 2020, CBA announced the sale of a 55% interest in CFS to KKR, a leading global investment firm. The CFS business is currently working on a separation program with the expectation that the transaction will complete in the first half of calendar year 2021.
This newly created role plays a critical role in the Financial Risk and Reporting COE whilst the team supports a period of change, largely arising from the separation of CFS from CBA.
The role will cover a range of duties, including but not limited to
- Planning and execution of corporate restructuring activity to facilitate CFS separation and clean up the corporate structure.
- Act as SME, and FRR representative, as required for input into separation design and implementation
- Responsible for ensuring that multiple changes are correctly identified, implemented and impacts effectively communicated. This requires working closely with multiple business, project and finance stakeholders.
- Responsible for identifying and managing the removal of non CFS BAU activities in FRR.
- Ensure integrity of financial data and reporting for non CFS entities.
- Completion of Statutory Financial Statements and Group reporting requirements for relevant legal entities
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting.
- CA / CPA with at least 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in an audit or advisory role in a Big 4 accounting firm or financial services company
- BU–specific product or service experience would be advantageous
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 07/11/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.