PBFA Analyst - Supervising Associate
EY Global Delivery Services means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
Our PBFA (Planning, Budgeting and Financial Analysis) team is seeking strong Finance Advisors to support the EY organization. You will be part of the Finance team and act as a finance professional that serves as a business partner and strategic advisor to key business leaders and assists the Finance Lead in providing critical thinking on business direction, operating performance and financial results.
The role works within a fast changing, evolving environment with a number of significant changes taking place to the team’s processes and systems. Therefore the ideal candidate will need to be agile and versatile along with the ability to deal with change on an on-going basis. This is an opportunity to broaden your experience and network along with challenging your existing skills working within a large, complex, multi country organization.
Your key responsibilities
- Assisting the Finance manager in providing insights to the business. It includes weekly and monthly performance reviews, Strategic and Financial planning processes, business modelling and ad’hoc analysis
- Covering the P&L performance review and also Markets Finance aspects related to the accounts performance
- Delivering weekly and monthly performance reviews for respective business, adding insights, financial analysis and commentary. Maintain a robust month end reporting process, and ensure commentaries are timely, insightful and action oriented
- Responding to requests from Finance and SL Leadership to answer specific ad hoc financial questions and provide insightful information to advance leadership discussion and decision making. Support the design and delivery of ad hoc financial analysis. Ability to model projections, identify trends and issues that need to be analyzed and understood
- Taking part and leading planning/forecasting processes. Support the completion on time of the various Plan, Forecast, MLP and revenue planning cycles, ensuring outputs align to the objectives set at the Regional, Area and Global levels
- Taking part in improvement projects re. margin improvement, Mercury implementation
- Act as counsellor and coach to less experienced professionals as required, supporting development and demonstration of Trusted Business Advisor competencies of the team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Graduate and/or professional certification in a business related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance)
- 4+ years of experience in finance/business roles with at least 3 years of supervisory, analytical, forecasting and budgeting experience
- Very good spoken and written English
- It is expected that this individual works with minimum supervision of Senior team members
- Ability to work in a virtual global organization respecting international cultures
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Good presentation, leadership, problem-solving, analytical, and listening skills
- Able to demonstrate initiative in approach to problem solving
- Computer proficiency; be proficient or trainable in complex aspects of financial software packages, including Essbase, Hyperion, Business Objects
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools, predominantly Excel, PowerPoint
- Travel may be required based on business need
What we look for
We’re interested in hiring a professional with excellent Finance knowledge as well as someone very customer focused with superb communication skills. This position is expected to have autonomy and proactively raise issues or concerns to Senior members as necessary.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service while allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our professionals can be required to travel regularly, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.