Tax Specialist- Fund Services Tax, Associate 1
Tax Specialist- Fund Services Tax, Associate 1
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who would be processing and analyzing tax calculations for clients on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and/or ad hoc basis. The Tax Specialist ensures figures are accurate and delivered to the client in a timely fashion. The Tax Specialist is the central point of contact for all tax supporting functions and analyzes the information received. The Tax Specialist makes sure any discrepancy is monitored and resolved professionally on a timely manner.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate. SSGS’ tools help our clients to make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us in making your mark in the financial services industry from day one.
What you will be responsible for:
CALCULATION AND PROCESSING TAX AND OTHER TAX COMPONENTS
- Processing tax components and completes relevant checklists.
- Performing tax calculations (with the tax accuracy goal being 100%) in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Liaising with supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Checking for reason-ability of the tax tolerance breaches.
- Escalating all issues immediately to Senior Tax Specialist.
- Calculating tax provisions.
RECONCILIATION – ACCOUNTING RELATED
- Processing tax components activity per daily, weekly, monthly and yearly tax computations to support tax in pricing and / or tax reporting.
- Checking and justifying the daily tax movements
- Following and completing relevant checklists in accordance with the procedures.
- Preparing periodic and ad hoc tax reports.
- Preparing tax packs to support periodic reporting and calculation of provisions.
- Classifying assets and offshore investments for tax purposes.
- Processing tax payments according to the instructions.
- Liaising with the tax teams in other locations, fund groups and other units.
- Implementing best practices for tax activities. Makes recommendations for changes to processes and procedures.
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Other duties requested by team manager.
- Escalates any issues to Senior Tax Specialists and ensures proper channels of communication with Tax Team Supervisor and oversight.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Undertakes appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, operation of clean desk policy.
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Works with Tax Team Supervisor (Senior Associate) to identify objectives at the start of each year and keeps them up to date.
- Actively participates in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
- Takes responsibility for personal development and training.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines
- PC literate and competent in use of MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Word processing
- Basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential
- Excellent English communication
Critical Behaviors for Success at Core level:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Accountancy or Tax related degree (preferred)
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program that will help you to match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.