AIS Fund Administrator, Assc2
Who we are looking for:
Associate 2 Fund Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the completion of accurate and timely reconciliations integral to the completion of the Net Asset Value (NAV) of a fund. This involves adherence to strict deadlines while supervising and contributing to the development of the team.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund Accountant Associate 2 you will:
- Bookkeeping - Book journal entries for cash and non-cash related transactions on monthly/ quarterly basis.
- Cash management - Complete bank reconciliation to ensure the correct cash balance.
- Prepare monthly/ quarterly/ annually accounting package, including TB/ Financial Statements/ PCAPs/ calculation, etc.
- Work on calculation, such as capital call/ distribution allocation, management fee calculation, IRR, Waterfall and etc.
- Process LP services, such as questionnaire for investors, deal slip, audit confirmation and LP specific reports, etc.
- Efficiently communicate/ discuss with home site on issues, problems, timeline, work allocation, etc.
- Flexibly/ properly arrange the work to improve the work efficiency and ensure the deliverables;
- Maintain positive working relations with home site, and drive supportive and collaborative culture to the team;
What we value:
This position is a unique opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to large multi-class, multi-manager, multi-currency portfolios that invest in a variety of instruments including derivatives and as a result, the pricing of these positions, reconciliations, corporate actions and dividends.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics related field; accounting background is preferred;
- 1-2 years’ work experience in accounting related experience is preferred;
- Familiar with accounting system is preferred;
- Confident in reviewing work is preferred;
- Detail-oriented, logical thinking, strong learning ability, sense of responsibility and team work are required;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to priorities under pressure; adapt to work under given timeline; confident to work in English environment and communicate in English;
- Good interpersonal skill and team spirit; effective communication, organizational and negotiation skills;
- Self-motivated, creative and efficient in finding solutions to complex, time-critical problems and strong analytical ability.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.