Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Institutional Securities Group Finance (ISGF) contributes to Finance’s success as a guardian of the Firm’s books and records by ensuring the appropriate accounting classification, timing and accuracy of economic transactions and events. ISGF reports, reviews and analyses divisional and consolidated net revenue, and contributes to controlling the daily and month-end close process. ISGF is responsible for monitoring resource limits and reporting on the balance sheet, capital, liquidity and funding.
- Support and review the daily P&L production
- Provide P&L reporting and analysis for senior management on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Work closely with Sales & Trading, Risk Management, Technology, Operations and other Controllers on a day-to-day basis to ensure accurate P&L reporting and analysis.
- Business Performance: Review the monthly business packs for desk heads and partner with stakeholders to generate efficiency savings and earnings
- Performing and reviewing key monthly controls and reconciliations, ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Control: Identify / Design / Implement new controls and processes in the P&L production process where required in keeping up to date with new policies and standards and best practice.
- Accounting: Review and agree with Accounting Policy any non-standard transaction proposal from the business unit.
- Balance Sheet, Liquidity & Funding: Review production / development of monthly reports.
- Constantly challenge the status quo and look for opportunities to improve existing controls and reporting processes
- Ad Hoc: Projects and Queries as raised by senior Finance and Business Unit management.
- The candidate should have a Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting or related field with prior Finance-related experience and preferably be a qualified accountant (i.e.Bilanzbuchhalter) or part-qualified accountant
- Relevant experience in Product Control and knowledge of financial products would be advantageous, particularly in the financial industry in Germany
- Business fluency in German and English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of accounting standards (German, IFRS and US GAAP)
- High regard for attention to detail and accuracy to ensure close control of the reported P&L.
- Awareness of emerging industry trends such as Basel capital rules and central clearing.
- High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member / lead.
- Ability to partner and work effectively both with direct team members and with colleagues across the wider organisation.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically a strong command in Excel and PowerPoint.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.