Senior Finance Analyst (Initial 9 Months FTC)
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Analyst to join our team here in Cardiff on an initial 9 month FTC. This a varied and interesting role that would be well suited to a qualified account with a strong Excel skillset.
What you'll be doing
The job holder will be required to pick up both BAU and project work. They will need to have accounting experience, be familiar with accounting systems and ledgers, be able to provide the wider business with MI as and when required will have an good understanding of the requirements of a strong and resilient financial control environment.
You will be able to adapt quickly to a fast paced environment, have good project and time management skills and will be experienced in implementing change and delivering process improvements effectively. You'll have good communication skills and be able to build relationships across a number of LGIM Finance teams.
Job requirements will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly and quarterly BAU reporting for an Investment Management business, ensuring that submissions are prepared in line with relevant accounting standards. This includes management reporting and regulatory reporting.
- Completion of month end journals and reconciliations including coordinating the production of the monthly and or weekly reconciliations, in accordance with deadlines to support the monthly accounts and quarterly returns.
- Monthly cashflow monitoring and forecasting across all UK and overseas entities, preparing and communicating MI across the wider business in line with the recently improved liquidity framework.
- Balance Sheet management, ensuring the appropriate reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts are completed in a timely manner and any issues are identified and investigated appropriately. This will involve interaction with teams across the wider LGIM Finance.
- Ensuring up to date documentation of processes, risks and controls.
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts and liaising with external auditors to ensure thorough responses are received to any questions raised during the annual audit process.
- Responding to queries from stakeholders across the L&G Group, ensuring they are delivered in accordance with the requested specifications and deadlines.
- Ad hoc reports, information requests and other tasks that arise throughout the year
- Fully qualified accountant (essential)
- Experience of how to assemble and interpret financial reporting is required
- Experience of financial systems is required.
- Experience of operating in a robust financial control environment is beneficial.
- Some knowledge of the Financial Services industry and/or the regulatory environment within which financial services firms operate would be beneficial.
- IT skills – Good technical skills are required for this role as the job holder will be responsible for ensuring the accurate output of ledger information across the LGIM entities. Excellent Excel skills and a working knowledge of Word is also required. The job holder will be expected to develop knowledge of various systems such as SUN, BI Q&A and other Microsoft Office products such as PowerPoint.
- Communication - This role requires the job holder to interact with stakeholders across LGIM and the wider L&G Group. The job holder should therefore have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team Player - The job holder should show a willingness to share views and findings with other team members and a desire to take an active role in discussions with management. Further the jobholder should be flexible when the wider team requires support and assistance.
- Organisation – The jobholder will be required to manage a variety of different deliverables concurrently. The ability to cope with periods of high pressure is therefore a key skill for this role. During periods of high workload strong organisational skills will be needed.
- Initiative - The job holder should be able to work independently to develop and enhance processes and to identify, investigate and resolve issues
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.