Senior Finance Analyst
We're looking for a Senior Finance Analyst to join the Expenses Team here in our growing Cardiff office.
What you'll be doing
We're looking for a Senior Finance Analyst to join the Expenses Team here in our growing Cardiff office. The team are particularly seeking support in the following areas:
- The preparation and posting of expense accruals and journals for centralised business expenses .
- To review and amend existing reporting processes and outputs to optimise the effectiveness and efficiency of reporting.
- To manage the provision of timely, accurate and informative management reporting to internal customers and stakeholders relating to headcount and employee costs, providing insight around emerging trends to facilitate optimal business performance.
- To make payments for LGIM subsidiaries, preparation of related journals and the maintenance of payment logs.
- To provide detailed expense analysis to include insight into monthly variances.
- To provide ongoing support for the Finance Managers, which will include the management of headcount, cost centres, budget movements .
What we're looking for
- Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Managing Workload
- This role requires the jobholder to interact with stakeholders across LGIM and the wider L&G Group, and with external customers. The jobholder should therefore have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The jobholder should show a willingness to openly share views and findings with other team members and a desire to take an active role in team meetings and discussions with management.
- Particularly during the busy month-end period, the jobholder will be required to manage a variety of different deliverables concurrently. The ability to cope with periods of high pressure is therefore a key skill for this role.
- The jobholder should be able to work independently to develop and enhance processes and to identify, investigate and resolve issues.
- Strong numeracy skills are a key requirement of this role, and the role holder should be comfortable with key financial concepts such as reconciliations.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.