Financial Planning Analyst
Edrington is headquartered in Scotland and employs over 3,500 people in its wholly owned and joint venture companies, with over 70% employed overseas. We own our route to market in 15 countries and distribute our brands to more than 100 countries around the world through joint ventures and third-party agreements.
Edrington’s vision is that we will give more by building the world’s leading portfolio of exceptional super premium spirits.
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Planning Analyst to support the provision of insightful and value adding management information in relation to the Group financial planning process and re-forecasting.
This role will report to the Financial Planning Manager, identifying and participating in systems and process improvement initiatives, in relation to the planning & forecasting process.
Key Responsibilities and duties include:-
- Preparation of high quality budgets and forecasts including relevant financial analysis
- Provide ongoing development of the planning/forecasting system to fit with the plan and wider business objectives
- Delivery of scenario and sensitivity analysis around the plan and business objectives
- Provide system support and training as required for various finance teams in UK, International markets and Group Operations
- Configuration and administration of Planning Analytics (Cognos TM1) planning/forecast system
- Investigate user reported issues and carry out impact assessments
- Manage, develop and maintain systems reports on Planning Analysis
- Support Group Finance in monthly and annual reporting responsibilities
- Provide support to business units to ensure robust and accurate planning cycle
This role will suit a newly qualified accountant. The ideal candidate will have excellent planning and forecasting skills experience. Strong IT skills, particularly in Excel, with experience in complex spreadsheets and strong financial and commercial acumen. Excellent analytical and reconciliation skills will be needed as well as great attention to detail.
The ideal person for this role will be a confident individual, with a continuous improvement mind set who is able to challenge the status quo and work well with a wide range of stakeholders.