About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From the rejuvenation of King’s Cross station and the upgrade and expansion of Thameslink, to Europe’s largest civil engineering project – Crossrail - we are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures the UK has ever seen. This will help us deliver the better railway that is vital for the economic prosperity of this country, transforming how people travel and make a massive difference to passengers and freight users right across Britain.
At Network Rail, our Finance function is key to our success. Our diverse and high-achieving team is responsible for ensuring we secure appropriate funding and get the best possible value for the money we spend, driving forward our continuing mission to transform the UK’s rail network into a world-class infrastructure.
About the role - Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for delivering financial, project and management accounting services in accordance with Network Rail policy and regulations.
- To deliver the transactional activities which support the delivery of accounting and reporting services in line with the Network Rail governance as outlined by the finance regulations and procedures.
- Review processing metrics to identify performance issues to ensure delivery is within contractual terms and service level agreements.
- Share best practice to deliver consistent, standardised and fully documented Accounting Service’s processes.
- Adopt a right first time approach for all accounting services activities by delivering high levels of accuracy through robust controls through the implementation of checks and balances.
- Support the identification, design, development and implementation of process, technology and business change improvements that deliver benefits to Accounting Services.
- To provide a support service for the processing of journals and project requests to the Accounting Services Team.
- To communicate and resolve arising issues with internal and external customers as required.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrable numerical skills and ability to interpret data quickly.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships.
- Working towards or holding membership of a relevant professional body (AAT, ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Experience to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- ORACLE eBusiness Suite experience.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factors. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,250).
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £18,000 - £20,000
As an arm’s length department of the UK Government, Network Rail is required to comply with a well-established pre-employment vetting process for all prospective employees.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) checks require prospective employees of Network Rail to meet the following requirements;
- Provide eligibility to work in the UK and identity documentation
- Complete a satisfactory 3 year employment history check
- Complete a satisfactory unspent criminal conviction disclosure check
For more information regarding BPSS pre-employment related checks, please visit the UK Government website for further information - UK Government - BPSS Checks
Closing date: 17/09/2020, late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes