Risk Manager Hedge Funds
- Experience level
Risk Manager Hedge Funds with Business Development
Citco provides specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 7,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
A collaborative and exciting role in a rapidly growing industry, providing quantitative risk services to hedge funds in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, North America and Asia.
The Vice President of Risk & Valuation (R&V) is responsible for providing leadership in meeting risk-related deliverables to Hedge Fund clients across Citco Offices. The team provides ad-hoc and regulatory risk reports; exposure and P&L reports, limits monitoring, scenario analysis, stress testing, value-at-risk, and fund performance analytics. The role provides a unique opportunity to work closely with a wide range of securities, derivatives and structured products in many currencies that are traded by hedge funds on a global scale and to understand the hedge fund industry's evolving risk management needs.
The individual's duties will include business development and client relationship management; operational risk management; and leadership, training and development of staff
- Business Development & Commercial Acumen - Evaluates viability of current and new business proposals with an emphasis on tactical issues and barriers
- Business Development & Commercial Acumen - Active participation in the CFS 'new business acquisition' effective at demonstrating portfolio of R&V services/products to potential clients, new or enhanced services/products to existing clients
- Operational Risk Management - Assesses impact of any potential automation of R&V services including requirement of potential CFS-benchmarked controls and co-ordination of testing pricing and risk management tools and processes
- Operational Risk Management - Ensures and monitors consistent application of CFS Policies and Procedures; identify and communicate potential internal and external operational risks through KRIs to local Operational Risk Committee engaging with them to implement appropriate controls to minimize risk
- Operational Decision-making - Responsible for tactical decisions, adopts innovative approaches for resolution of challenges; communicates outcomes to all stakeholders and contributes to CFS vision and strategy
- Execution - Business strategy by aligning communication, accountabilities, skills, internal processes and measurement to ensure sustainable and profitable results
- Client Relationship Management - Assist relationship managers (RMs) by participating in monthly calls or any escalation relating to day-to-day risk reporting issues; participate in communication/escalation aspects of complex issues resolution
- Communication - Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance and helps others to understand the importance of the vision on day-to-day reality of the risk reporting process
- Building Networks - Proactively networks across departments (Valuation/Profit & Loss, Operations, Internal Audit etc.) and CFS offices (input from NJ and output to Dublin, Cork, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto etc); establishes strong collaborative business relationships at all levels to facilitate the accomplishment of business objectives
- Leadership - Embodies the CFS culture, leads and inspires R&V staff through change
- Organization & Resource Management - Oversight of team with responsibility for daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly risk reporting deliverables
- Drive for Results - Possessing an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation; proactively seeking opportunities to drive performance of self and team and sets stretching goals; manages personal and group strengths and opportunities
- Navigating Complexity - Proactively and quickly making sense of complex issues where ambiguity exists; communicating complicated information concisely and logically
- Quantitative background with a Bachelor/higher level degree or professional qualification (MSc, PhD, CQF, FRM, PRMIA, GARP, CFA, FIA);
- 8-12 years' experience in Financial Services, with detailed knowledge of the finance industry and pricing/valuing/risk managing of OTC derivatives
- Knowledge of investment risk measurement and management under regulatory frameworks such as Form PF, Form CPO-PQR, Annex IV, Basel III/CRD IV/CRR and Solvency II
- Business development/technical sales experience of trading/quantitative risk management systems or of risk reporting services is beneficial.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.