Senior Manager, ASEAN Tax Quality
The Asia-Pacific Area is made up of approximately 15 countries, grouped into 5 Regions. ASEAN is one of the regions and is made up of 10 countries.
The precise activities are likely to vary depending on your background and interests, but it will involve a mix of: project based work, recurring / annuity type compliance activities, and ad-hoc assignments and queries from the practice, Risk Management and from Asia-Pacific and Global Tax Quality.
Your key responsibilities
Your role will be a flexible one, where responsibilities will change from time to time and may include management of or support on the following:
- Monitor and respond to engagement team tax quality queries
- New Joiner on boarding training
- Tax Quality Review (Procedural and Qualitative Review) administration, preparation and support
- Participation in ASEAN Qualitative Reviews as a team member
- Tax Quality WBL compliance program
- Accredited Director interview support and register updates
- Update Tax Policy database and Tax Quality training materials
- Assist with the review of tools and technology from a Tax Quality perspective
- Assist with determination of Partner Quality Ratings
- Respond to ASEAN related queries from Asia-Pacific and Global Tax Quality
- Manage assigned projects with regular reports to project manager identifying issues and suggested solutions
- Provide accurate workload assessment and time commitments to project managers in relation to project tasks
- Work closely with Tax Quality team members to plan and deliver projects
- Build relationships with EY teams through consultations and process management
- Reputational issues
- Advising on potential claims situations
- Handling situations that might affect EY’s reputation to ensure a positive outcome
- Performing SCORE reviews of articles, publications etc intended for distribution
Skills and attributes for success
- A good appreciation of the role of risk management and quality in the business and an enhanced understanding of potential risk management issues in a professional services environment
- A strong eye for detail aligned to an appreciation of the bigger picture
- Strategic thinker, with strong teaming skills and an ability to deal with people of all levels
- Good organizational, project management and time management skills with a strong focus on delivering results including an ability to plan ahead and anticipate problems
- Ability to take ownership for work, multi-task, prioritize, and make decisions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion on sensitive matters
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in economics, finance, law, tax or accounting
- Qualified tax or law professional who has operated at Senior Manager level with at least 8 years of mainstream client handling experience
- Experience with, and an aptitude for technology matters, given the changing nature of tax services
- Knowledge of Global Tax Policies and other quality and risk management requirements such as EYG audit independence policies would be an advantage but could be provided as part of the induction for this person into this role
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An interest in researching and analysing issues with a tax, legal or compliance/regulatory angle
- Excellent presentation experience
- Sound influencing skills
- The ability to speak a language other than English
- Accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.