People & Payroll Services Specialist - 6 Month Contract
People are a key part of the Group’s strategy and Human Resources (HR) partner with our business units in building a vibrant, customer focused and high integrity culture. Human Resources are the custodians of the employee lifecycle - from acquiring talent, through to leadership development and training, internal mobility, advising on employee relations, and delivering remuneration and benefits programs.
The People and Payroll Services (PPS) team is responsible for ensuring the HRIS business capability for self-service and the timely and accurate processing of the relevant payroll and related third party payments. The team works closely with business HR, HR configuration, HR Direct and ADP teams to ensure the payroll is compliant, efficient and simplified where possible.
Your impact & contribution
This role is an integral part of a cohesive Payroll team working towards ensuring payroll is compliant, efficient and simplified where possible. We require an applicant with employee life cycle comprehension to ensure the configuration of Workday, integration and ADP Global View produces compliant outcomes.
- Contribute to the timely and accurately processing of the fortnightly Australian payroll. Approximately 40,000 employees.
- Perform efficient payroll processing and resolution of payroll issues.
- Develop a strong understanding of current procedures in order to recommend, document and implement payroll process controls and improvements.
- Update and support with the creation of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Support with project requests as required, including opportunities for process simplification and improving Standard Operating Procedures.
- Establish great working relationships with your Payroll counterparts and internal HR stakeholders.
Your experience and qualifications:
- Comprehensive working knowledge of ADP, GV or SAP payroll is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Australian Payroll / Employment conditions is essential.
- Collaborative and knowledge sharing approach is essential.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in large teams with large volume payroll is preferred.
- Experience with multiple system integrations is preferred.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you. Please apply online to be considered for this role.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 22/09/2020
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.