Manager, Investigation and Compliance, Forensics & Integrity Services
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY Forensic & Integrity Services practice help organizations protect and restore enterprise and financial reputation. Our professionals assist companies and their legal counsel to investigate facts, resolve disputes and manage regulatory challenges. We put integrity at the heart of compliance programs to help better manage ethical and reputational risks. We understand how organizations navigate complex environments; how pressures, attitudes and culture influence employee actions; and how to leverage data analytics to improve compliance and investigation outcomes. We are committed to making integrity the cornerstone of a better working world. Our team is multi-disciplinary which includes amongst others, certified accountants, forensic accountants and technologists, certified fraud examiners, data scientists, data analytics professionals, anti-corruption professionals, certified expert witnesses, compliance professionals, money laundering and sanctions investigators, etc.
Join our team and be part of the team that helps clients achieve their Integrity agenda. You’ll will also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored counselling.
We are looking for a manager from Investigation and Compliance to be part of our globally connected and culturally aligned Forensic & Integrity team.
Your key duties will include:
- Work and lead on challenging projects related to white collar crimes, fraud investigations, Corporate compliance and Ethics, forensic accounting and financial and economic damages analyses, in a rapidly growing team with multidisciplinary skill-sets.
- Display understanding of client needs, priorities and anticipate related challenges
- Identify and resolve issues on your engagements demonstrating a broad technical and people skillset.
- Prepare work plans and review electronic data, accounting, financial and non-financial records. An ability to see the “wood from the trees”
- Ensure high quality working papers and analysis by team members
- Prepare client deliverables including forensic and investigation reports. Present findings to clients
- Liaise with senior client personnel, in-house counsel, external legal teams, witnesses and regulators
- Coach team members, contribute to the knowledge sharing culture of the team and hold difficult conversations.
- Effectively balance your personal commitments with your professional needs
- Engage and participate in Sales and Marketing efforts including building the profile of the practice and firm in internal as well as external events
- Keep abreast on regulatory/ business/economic developments and their impact on the solutions of EY Forensics.
- Meet mandatory compliance, learning and other professional requirements
The qualifications for this role are:
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of work experience
- Professional accountancy or other financial qualification such as ICA, CFE, FFA or CAMS.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Led teams on projects in relation to investigations and corporate compliance
- Conducted investigations and have working experience of relevant concepts (evidence preservation and collection, data privacy, legal privilege, investigative interviewing techniques, business intelligence)
- Conducted Fraud prevention including fraud risk assessments and compliance program development
- Prepared forensic reports including review, analysis and verification of evidence
- Awareness and knowledge of regulatory environment and local legislation in relation of Fraud, Listing requirements,
- Knowledge and awareness, including enforcement trends for International Anti-Bribery/ corruption related regulations like the FCPA, UK Bribery Act,
Ideally you will also have
- Prepared expert witness reports
- Have experience in liaising with external legal teams, other experts, police, criminal prosecutors and regulatory enforcers
- Familiarity with valuation and finance concepts (e.g. cost of capital, risk adjusted discount rates)
- Familiarity with financial models
- Familiarity with testing, documenting financial scenarios and anticipating challenges – being able to articulate pros and cons to an argument
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes.
Apart from the above, you should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Skeptical yet practical mindset to assess situations and reach conclusions objectively. Natural curiosity and ability to ask better questions
- Self-awareness, respect for differences in individual style and background of your team members.
- Teaming and displaying strong interpersonal skills. Someone who is eager to learn, contribute and collaborate to support the achievement of a shared vision
- Strong time and organization skills, ability to adapt quickly to changing environments, determination and tenacity to see the matter you are working on to its conclusion
- Proactiveness in sharing new ideas to support achievement of shared vision.
- Strong communication skills and command over spoken and written English. Knowledge of another Asian language is valued, but not a requirement
Working with EY Forensics will involve travel. You should be willing to travel on work, sometimes on a very short notice.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Remember, whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.