External Audit Senior Associates - COE - Birmingham
Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
External Audit Senior Associates - COE- Birmingham
About the role
Assurance is currently looking to recruit several Senior Associates to complement our existing team as we enter a growth period. We are recruiting in Birmingham and have a number of opportunities available within our Assurance Centre of Excellence (CoE).
Within the Assurance CoE in Birmingham, you will utilise cutting edge technology to execute delivery of more complex and judgmental Assurance activities across the breadth of PwCs UK client base.
In this position you will have a key delivery where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills. Our Assurance services use the latest technology and off shore delivery centres, to reduce the level of manual testing required by our teams in the UK, ensuring our people focus on the most valuable areas of client service.
We have a diverse client base and work as a diverse team, welcoming people from a range of backgrounds. We are an inclusive organisation who celebrates difference.
You will be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities. Our clients are often well known brands, covering most industry areas, and many have broad international reach.
We have a range of opportunities available in the areas of
• Auditing of Pensions balances
• Auditing of Share Based Payments
• Auditing of tax
However, the list of areas delivered by the CoE is expected to grow rapidly, in line with strategy, over the next 5 years. This will provide a unique opportunity to build a depth as well as breadth of experience in more complex areas of Assurance.
As a Senior Associate within the Assurance CoE you will
• Execute the audit in these more complex areas, in line with technical (both accounting and auditing) requirements and operating procedures.
• Provide coaching and support to more junior team members.
• Liaise with clients and complete audit assignments.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established audit clients.
• Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide a high quality client service.
• Utilise your strong business awareness and sound reporting skills.
• Have the chance to give back to community and social welfare projects, often using your business skills.
• Have access to internal mobility both nationally and internationally.
As part of an Assurance CoE you will make a difference by
• Developing deep, respected specialisms in more complex areas.
• Working with brilliant, high performing experts in their field.
• Driving innovation and thought leadership.
• Working across a diverse client base.
• Interacting directly with clients, but doing so virtually – enabling you to work more flexibly than is typically possible.
• Helping drive PwC Assurance strategy, by shaping a critical element of our delivery model.
These roles will be based in our new and aspirational Birmingham office, with a range of flexible working options also being available once initial training and set-up activities have been completed.
Successful candidates will have (required skills)
• CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent) or Part Qualified and working towards your full CA/ACA/ACCA/ICAS (or equivalent) qualification. Or equivalent work experience in Audit (international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience)
• A drive and aptitude to build deep accounting and auditing specialisms in more complex areas.
• A willingness to drive change by
- helping further define the CoE model
- embracing virtual working and other technology;
- defining and leveraging our virtual working practices of the future.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, at all levels.
• Strong influencing skills.
• An ability to work under their own initiative, and under pressure.
• A willingness to build relationships with other PwC specialists to better provide a high quality, efficient and robust service.
• A desire to challenge the status quo.
• Demonstrable experience of managing multiple engagements.
• Demonstrable experience of coaching junior members of teams to develop both technical and professional skills.
• Experience in applying professional skills in the audit of pension balances or share based payments is highly desirable.
This role offers the potential for flexible working. It is expected, at most, only very minimal travel will be required with the vast majority of interactions (with clients and core engagement teams) being virtual in nature.
Closing Date: 6th of October 2020
Find out more about our PwC office locations.The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.