Analyst, Financial Crimes Inve
Under general supervision responsible for completing all aspects of investigation, documentation, and reporting processes with respect to potential financial crime incidents involving Northern Trust accounts, clients, or employees.
- Completes investigations to determine if a financial crime (fraud, money laundering, or terrorist financing) has occurred and involves Northern Trust accounts, clients, operations, or employees
- Supports each investigation with appropriate analysis / testing, and documents investigation activities and conclusions
- Completes - Suspicious Activity Reports within prescribed timeframes according to regulatory guidelines
- Interacts with partners (e.g., relationship managers, Legal Department, Human Resources) or external parties (e.g., law enforcement, other financial institutions, investigations staff) in the course of investigations, as appropriate
- Recognizes the highly sensitive nature of investigation activities and maintains confidentiality
- Consults with management when necessary regarding more complex or sensitive investigations
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
A College or University degree and/or at least 5 years of relevant work experience is preferred. Related Industry qualification (e.g., ACAMS, CFE) or studying towards, is preferred. Strong analytical skills are required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Functional / industry knowledge is required. Analytical and problem solving skills are required Technical skills / knowledge of Northern Trust transaction processing systems is preferred
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.