Team Lead, Fund Administration, HFS
The job involves leading a team working for Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services, a global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds, private equity funds, and hybrids. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function as an effective and strategic leader/manager in a dynamic, fast-paced and demanding environment. This individual will have a strong technical accounting background, experience with hedge funds or private equity funds, a client service focus, and a proven track record of building and managing effective teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review monthly/quarterly fund investor allocations, management fee, and incentive fee calculations
- Review fund documents in order to interpret and execute allocation requirements
- Build allocation models to support bespoke fund and client requirements
- Work directly with clients, including CFOs and fund controllers, for onboarding, monthly/quarterly deliverables, and escalations
- Serve as a client escalation point for issues, providing direction and judgment calls for internal team while providing necessary client communication to resolve external issue
- Collaborate with other team members to build scalable operations to meet the service needs of a large portfolio of clients
- Consistently look to streamline and automate the reporting/analytical process with the use of technology
- Assist in building a high-performance team through learning, development, mentoring and recruiting
- Work closely with technology resources to troubleshoot issues and scope new or desired functionality
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Experience with hedge funds or private equity funds investor allocations, management fee, and performance fee calculations
- Bachelors degree with emphasis in accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent Excel and MS Office skills
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.