Business Consulting Intern | Finance, Singapore (Winter 2020)
You will be part of a leading global professional services and consulting firm. You will get relevant trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management, and have access to new technologies and innovative equipment. You will have the opportunity to make your mark on the Business Consulting Finance area in the context of an international firm, working cross borders. We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities - we are committed to help you achieve a balanced lifestyle.
We will offer you a friendly, yet challenging environment for you time as an intern and you will benefit from on-going trainings and an international network that is full of challenges and opportunities. We will give you the opportunity to increase your level of responsibility in a short period of time by involving you in challenging projects.
We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of learning opportunities during your internship and if you’re keen and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
Your key responsibilities
As an Intern within our Business Consulting Finance team, you will help to drive our Finance agenda forward and you will play an important role in supporting us to shape following selected areas:
- Gathering data and information on current-state processes through supporting interviews and process walkthroughs with the client counterparts
- Researching and collecting of relevant information and knowledge from our internal resources to prepare value-adding recommendations
- Analyzing, optimizating and/or (re-)designing end-to-end Finance processes (including technology used)
- Automating Finance processes using Robotic Process Automation, Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning
- Assisting Managers/Senior Managers/Directors and Partners in proposal development
- Attending internal Finance related trainings and web-based learnings related to Finance area.
- Developing positive relationship with peers, supervisors and counselors who can provide advice and support
Skills and attributes for success
- Analytical skills
- Strong analytical skills for data-driven analysis and synthesis to draw insights
- Technology skills
- Proficient in using office productivity software
- Communication skills
- Effective communication, active listening, and delivery of fact-based findings
- Personal skills
- Proactive and able to work with large, diverse team
To qualify for the role, you must be/have
- Pursuing a degree
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills in English (any additional local language skills are considered an asset)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good understanding of business environments
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed resume
- Highest academic certification and transcripts
Only applications with complete set of data and documents will be considered.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to be an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services. The EY member firms in Singapore, with a strength of close to 3,400 people and 180 Partners, is part of the Asia-Pacific Area, which comprises 23 countries across 6 Regions and brings together over 55,000 people to provide services seamlessly across borders.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.