Senior Business Analyst – Budgeting and Financial Planning
Upstream Senior Business Analysts deliver a wide range of analysis and advice. Responsibilities include:
- Monthly and quarterly financial and performance analysis for the Upstream Leadership Teams and Investor Relations linking internal appraisal insight with external market disclosure.
- Ownership of Quarterly Latest Estimates for Upstream and outlook on business performance (both financial and operational).
- Working with business teams across the Shell portfolio to clarify issues and impacts on all major projects.
- A pro-active role in the continuous improvement of performance management and reporting processes and policy implementation in Upstream including the development of a MI vision and related view on systems and use of data.
- Manage tool maintenance, improvements and problem solving, sharing best practices and learnings across Upstream Business, including guidelines and documentation.
Job will require regular contacts with the Leadership Team. There are often demands for quality and in-depth analysis at short notice. This requires the ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines. To be successful in the group you must be an excellent team player.
The sensitivity of working with most confidential, market sensitive data. The position is ideally suited for people who can collaborate and have a robust analytical background who would like to influence decisition making and the performance management agenda in Shell.
Besides ad hoc requests, the team has to deliver peak performance during the closing cycles of the year. During these peaks, additional time efforts are required
The Senior Business Analyst will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for compiling the reporting, planning and performance appraisal submissions. He or she will be working closely with functional stakeholders to achieve this goal, needing to understand their issues, constructively challenge their inputs and together deliver a high quality submission.
Individually, this position will have responsibility for a wide variety of deliverables related to the reporting, planning and appraisal process. This role will provide input and advice directly and/or indirectly to Senior leaders in the organization
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.