Asset Management Tax Specialist, Northern Trust Asset Management
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) Product Management is responsible for the end to end management of all the EMEA Pooled funds across four distinct fund Umbrella ranges.
We have 3 established Irish Umbrellas, a Money Market, a PLC and a Common Contractual Fund; we are also responsible for a Dutch domiciled UCITS FGR which utilizes the Irish Management Company passport into the Netherlands.
Northern Trust Asset Management currently manages in excess a trillion dollars of assets while the EMEA pooled funds accounts for approximately 80 billion dollars.
A central component to our funds embedded in the NTAM’s investment philosophy for the last 30 years is Environmental Social Governance (ESG) investing this purveys all our fund ranges
The funds are predominantly equity and fixed income index trackers with also quantitative active strategies, as well as cash, these are all UCITS regulated products.
The individual will be a part of the EMEA Product team and will feed into the global product team. The role will be a combination of both Strategic and Tactical, and the candidate will need a good balance and experience of completing high level global tax assessment and presenting these at executive level.
Also functional practical knowledge to be able to complete, review and submit a variety of tax documentation and returns:
- withholding taxes on dividend and interest income
- stamp duties and other transaction taxes
- capital gains taxes
- fund tax matters including fund tax reporting regimes
- Annual Audit tax assessments
As a global institution, Northern Trust is committed to building diverse Talent within our organisation; encouraging innovative thinking and personal courage in an inclusive environment.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Conducting technical analysis and research of taxation market changes affecting UCITS fund ranges Common Contractual Funds (CCF), fonds voor gemene rekening (FGR) & Public Limited Company (PLC) determining client impact, and providing detailed analysis.
- Conducting a tax technical determination of product expansion requests and where appropriate, creating and managing taxation aspects of any new business engagement.
- Participating in tax governance meetings, highlighting areas of concern and identifying potential opportunities for service expansion.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders and external service providers to provide technical analysis of taxation and regulatory changes and impact.
- Ensuring relevant internal partners are appraised of product capabilities.
- Communicating complex tax technical matters to internal and external parties.
- Leading tax consideration discussions in client meetings, identifying product growth opportunities, supporting sales efforts where required, and providing consultative services on global tax matters.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong Taxation knowledge or a professional tax technical background together with excellent communication skills. In both strategic tax planning over a variety of fund structures and tactical tax experience in multi-jurisdictional filings. In summary, the successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Tax experience gained within an Asset Management or in a professional tax firm or Financial Servicing environment
- Strong financial/business management skills and proficiency in strategic analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and written.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple competing deadlines.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance,
Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.