STRATEGY, PLANNING, APPRAISAL AND REPORTING:
- Understands the business and the link between own role and the business strategy
- Prepare all input to the financial performance assessment process (from Asset level up to Country level)
- Attend business performance review meeting / challenge business on performance (basing on financial results)
- Challenge and agree proposal of forecast/latest estimates updates with their budget holders (taking Actual / accruals / projects and assets status fully into account). Communicates the proposal to the relevant Country Finance Managers
- Responsible for correct, reliable and meaningful analysis of financial data to enable value adding MI and understanding of key cost drivers impact, reasonable variance analysis and interventions
- Responsible for Cost Allocation Management (establish business need, create and maintain allocation set up with support from Controllers), investigates and resolves unallocated balances
- Supports the Reporting team with detailed variance analysis for Group reporting/MI reporting
- Provides input to statutory reporting
- Prepare data analysis on request
- Ensures partner billings and cash-calls are in line with agreed Work Program& Budget
- Understands the Joint Venture Agreements and can interpret JVA requirement to financial requirements/system structures. This includes the partner reporting structures including country specifics.
- Collate and co-ordinate Joint Venture Work Program & Budget, analyze variances and reports to Finance Managers/other Analysts, participation in partner meetings
- Monthly JV partner reporting and variance comments/analysis input
GOVERNANCE RISK AND ASSURANCE
- Ensure compliance with the Shell Group Control Framework and relevant standards/guidelines. Identify and Manage Financial Risks. Participate as line resource in Audits or Reviews that form part of the Assurance Plan of the company as required.
- Financial controls execution,
- Focal point role for external auditors, supporting Finance Managers in closing of audit findings
- Provide data to tax for tax reporting as specified by the tax function
WORKING CAPITAL AND CASH
- P&L and Cash Flow Analysis and communication, providing visibility of Cash Flow From Operations & value in each asset of the portfolio looked after, structured planning and tracking process for short and long term cash forecast.
- Participation in Balance Sheet Reviews
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.