New Business Senior Consultant, Transfer Agency
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to the New Business Manager you will work for the Change / Business Process Analyst (BPA) Team within the UK Transfer Agency department. The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions. The UK TA change / BPA team itself is currently a team of 12 full time staff in London and 9 in India. The prime responsibility of the team is deal with business support, system development, client new business / fund activity, client on boarding, client off boarding, business development, small change and major projects.
In the role the New Business senior consultant will be cross trained as a subject matter expert to complete client new business / fund activity and complete and support UK TA business queries, system set-up, key initiatives, UAT and regression testing, required project work and operational readiness. The role will also include understanding the relationship and liaising with Fund Accounting, Custody, Depositary and IOO departments within Northern Trust and, to be considered as the team is established, externally.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Act as a lead on various fund events, ranging from standard share class launches to complex new client launches as well as Mergers, take ons, take offs and rebrandings,
- Interacting with the Client’s, external third parties, business teams and linked departments.
- Attend or run external Client calls to go through current activity scheduled or for specific projects
- Develop strong relationships with Client’s and third party providers
- Complete quality check and maintain client specific account set-up on all TA systems, including Icon Retail, PS Financials, Data Governance Tool, FAILS, EMX, EXP-AG.
- Support and complete business / client queries raised by the TA business teams
- Attend regular meetings with the UK TA Change / BPA Team
- Responsible for the rollout of agreed new procedures within the change / BPA team.
- Review existing procedures, processes, and problems and recommends where automation or improved processes can be implemented.
- Write proposals and business requirements for system changes/enhancements.
- Implement new efficiencies to improve accuracy and timeliness and reduce costs and risk.
- Complete regression testing or sign off for large and small change projects/changes, including Icon Retail upgrades and document changes
- New Client / Fund activity / transition Unit Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Client Joint UAT (JUAT)
- Interact with external system providers (e.g. LineData Services, PS Financials)
- Document high level process flows for process improvements and systems changes to assist business areas with procedure development.
- Handhold staff on new process changes and new business / fund activity. Conducts post implementation reviews to ensure desired process goals are achieved.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Project Management skills – be able to create and manage a runbook , work in an efficient manner and set and work to obtainable deadlines
- Previous experience in Transfer Agency and/or Business Process analysis/improvement.
- Strong client servicing experience gained in a financial services company
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Adobe Acrobat
- Strong communication skills – written , oral and presentation
- Good analytical and strong time management skills*
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.