Consulting Senior Manager (Performance Improvement) - Financial Services Office (FSO)
Consulting Senior Manager (Performance Improvement) - Financial Services Office (FSO): The Cayman Islands
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. The BBC operates as one regional practice and we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent from across the globe. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse financial services clients.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Consulting Senior Manager in our Financial Services practice in the Cayman Islands. This is an exciting, multi-disciplinary consultancy opportunity with a primary focus on providing performance improvement and technology consulting services to clients in the Banking, Wealth & Asset Management and Insurance industries.
Our Performance Improvement practice helps clients better align their organizations' operating infrastructures with their strategies. We have a broad range of capabilities to assist clients with operational improvement, profitability management, finance function activities, and business integration, and we focus on the assessment and redesign of business, risk, and control processes and the refinement of operating models. We are also helping drive our clients digital / innovation agenda and strategy specifically around process automation, cloud, cybersecurity, and data & analytics.
In addition to this, you can expect to work as part of multi-disciplinary EY engagement teams to assist our clients with other consultancy services, such as:
- Internal Audit/Process & Controls – Help our clients evaluate and enhance their internal audit functions as well as the overall control environment of the institution and providing industry-focused, strategic outsourcing and co-sourcing services
- Risk Management/Financial Crimes Compliance - help our clients combat global illicit finance; areas of focus include anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions compliance, counter-terrorist financing, anti-bribery and corruption, and financial intelligence matters
- Technology Risk Assurance - Assist our clients with establishing an effective governance, risk, and control environment by evaluating controls, business and technology alignment, regulatory requirements, risk processes, metrics and reporting, and risk frameworks
- Enterprise Intelligence – Help our clients manage the collection, storage, use and quality of data and enable information intelligence to meet business needs across finance, risk and operations. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Quality and Governance, and Data Management
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to split your time on operational aspects of client business and business development initiatives. That means developing an in-depth understanding of our clients’ unique needs and goals, before leading a team in developing and delivering meaningful consultancy services to our clients. You’ll be responsible for delivering a project which means you will need to communicate effective new strategies and the plan to bring these strategies to life with your team.
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborating, leading, mentoring and coaching team members and delegating relevant responsibilities to consulting team colleagues
- Building strong external relationships and promoting business opportunities to other areas of the business
- Anticipating our clients’ needs and provide compelling strategic insights by constantly updating and sharing your financial services industry knowledge on the latest trends and leading practices
- Great communication and influencing skills
- Responding to complex issues on a wide range of subjects affecting our clients industries
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and a minimum of 7 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise teams of business advisors through all phases of the engagement/project lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, client service and business writing and consulting skills, coupled with a strong interest in further designing, developing and integrating business operations and technology
- Ability to research client inquiries and emerging issues, banking, asset management and insurance industry practices, and new application technologies
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior consulting experience with strong business development, sales and account management skills
- Ability to deliver proposals and contribute to strategic discussions at the Board and senior management level
- Willingness and ability to travel to meet client needs
- Strong managerial experience including leading teams across different projects
What we look for
We’re looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the financial services industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, support for obtaining your professional qualification, a competitive pension plan, a minimum of 25 days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.