Experienced Staff - Strategy & Transactions: Valuation, Modeling & Economics - The Cayman Islands
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. The BBC operates as one regional practice and we aim to attract the best talent from across the globe. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse financial services clients.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Complex Securities Experienced Staff you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Valuation & Business Modelling network of corporate finance specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for positions as Strategy & Transactions Experienced Staff in our Valuations - Complex Securities practice in the Cayman Islands. EY has an established industry leading Valuation and Business Modelling group. Complex Securities Valuation uses sophisticated techniques from financial engineering and other quantitative methods to assist clients in understanding and valuing financial derivatives and other non-standard intangible assets, for financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, transaction support and corporate strategy. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring, and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As an Experienced Staff within Complex Securities Valuation you're likely to spend your day to day assisting clients valuing financial derivatives, private stock, options, warrants, and swaps - working with leadership using sophisticated financial engineering techniques to assist clients. You'll develop models to value a variety of financial instruments, using option pricing theory, fixed income and structured finance models, Monte Carlo simulations, and other financial engineering techniques.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong financial and quantitative analysis skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written business English skills.
- Intellectual curiosity.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and at least 1 years of related work experience, or an advanced degree (master's or Ph.D.) in a quantitative discipline, with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis of financial instruments desired.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience with a national valuation firm or accounting firm's valuation practice, or in investment banking, private equity/venture capital or commercial banking.
- Experience in valuing complex securities, including options, warrants, fixed income securities, collaterlaized debt obligations (CDOs),mortgage backed securities (MBS),structured products and other derivatives.
- Ability to work within a given budget and schedule, providing top-quality results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- PC proficiency including at least one Financial Engineering or statistical software package (e.g. Matlab or Stata), Bloomberg, MS Excel/VBA, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA, FRM, PRM or ASA/AM designation is a plus, with an expectation of the completion of one designation within a given timeframe.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for Complex Securities and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, support for obtaining your professional qualification, a competitive pension plan, a minimum of 20 days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement team
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.