Treasury Capital Planning and Management Associate
7 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
3155418 – Treasury Capital Planning and Management Associate
- Dynamic role within the Finance division in one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business.
- Open minded, collaborative and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously.
- Continued professional career development based on your career interests.
- Opportunity to work with high performing teams across Morgan Stanley.
- Competitive salary and benefits package with eligibility for annual bonus.
- Assist in the capital management of Morgan Stanley European entities to ensure they meet regulatory and internal capital requirements.
- Prepare and review capital related materials for key governance forums and regulatory forums.
- Project manage quarterly and annual Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) for various UK and European entities, coordinating inputs from a wide range of stakeholders.
- Undertake capital analysis for UK and European entities including setting of targets and limits and subsidiary double leverage.
- Work on the execution of strategic Treasury projects such as dividends, infusions and restructuring activities
- Produce ad hoc materials in response management and regulatory requests.
- Prepare/update policies, procedures and regular reporting.
- Build a close working relationship with other groups within Corporate Treasury, as well as with Sales and Trading, Structuring, Risk, Controllers, Legal, Tax, and Operations.
- Knowledge of Corporate Treasury, e. g. through working in capital, liquidity or RRP. Previous working experience in these or related areas beneficial although not mandatory.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements in regards to Treasury and capital management activities, which can be further developed.
- Good project management skills and ability to pick up new topics quickly on the job
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with teams across both local offices and globally
- Proficient analytical capabilities, including ability to summarise complex business problems, detailed analysis and solutions with clarity.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Study towards postgraduate qualifications and degrees such as ACT, CFA, ACA or equivalent are beneficial, however not mandatory.
Corporate Treasury provides corporate finance advisory service to senior management and internal business units. It also optimizes the Firm’s liquidity and capital base, manages the Firm’s foreign exchange and interest rate exposure, and coordinates relationships with regulators, rating agencies, and creditors. The team in London works closely with the New York, Frankfurt, Budapest, Glasgow, Tokyo and Hong Kong offices.
As a member of Corporate Treasury, you will be supporting Treasury activities across the EMEA region. The role is based in London however will involve working closely with teams across Europe. In particular, you will have regular and direct interactions with the Global Treasury team, Risk, Operations, other Finance Groups, IT and the business.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.